Thought I'd said goodbye to my Dog yesterday

Tommy xs
This post is 3147 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

He's getting there bipp, managing more food, Vet said the're happy his progress and they don't need to see him for 2 weeks

still a bit unsteady on his back legs but it should heel in time. I've finally heard from the pet insurance and the're paying the first £2500

& I intend to argue anything more with the vets as this last episode is down to them

he's very slowly getting back to his old self, fingers crossed!

might manage a day trip but after the disaster i had last time I'm not sure, keeping my options open til last minute but don't think it would be fair on mrs xs to leave her to look after him all weekend, really do want to go though!

ha ha ha talk about resilience in dogs, he's just been trying to hump his bed

I think this is a good sign but I'm not really sure ? :doggy: we had him done over 7 years ago, no balls, no spleen

just got to admire his spirit!!

Great to hear he is slowly getting back to normal Tom.

BEt he's going nuts not going on walks, or can he still go out?

Great to hear he is slowly getting back to normal Tom.

BEt he's going nuts not going on walks, or can he still go out?

Just managed to get him out this morning for first walk since his O.D, It took me 30 mins to do a ten min walk cos hes just sniffing everything in sight, really think he's though the worse now

Thats great news, its nice to get out on them walks but stopping every second for a random sniff takes the mic after a while ha ha.

Good news tom"o. will you make squires then,,, even just a flying visit,,,

look's very likely just have to check my bike over today and if he's still good in the morning I'll be on my way, just for the day

• 3 weeks later...

Well I know people will be getting tired of hearing about Chunk's woe's, but just thought I'd let everyone know he's doing really well, he's off all medication & been signed off from the Vets and starting to gain a bit of weight he's back to his old self, still got a bit of work to do building him up exercise wise but he's getting there, thank you all for your comment's and support it really has been of great help

thanks everyone.

I was just thinking not heard anything for a couple of weeks!

Glad he's coming out the other side now. Must be a huge relief for you.

My dog is only just coming up to a year old and so far other than injections the only thing he's had to see the vet for is to have his knackers removed! Though if he eats anymore of my bloody slippers I'll have his nashers removed as well!

Good news! Glad to hear it. :)

• 1 year later...

Just been looking back at this old thread, can't believe its two years on. The good news is Chunk had his tenth birthday a couple of days ago and he's still going strong.

• Like 5

That's just great Tommy. Happy birthday Chunk!

We now have another dog in the family to keep our cheeky Husky happy. A 13 week Doberman / GSD. She's a cracker and already can't imagine the house without now.

• Like 1

Got yer hands full there bipp, I sometimes feel like chunk is a full time job but wouldn't change him for the world.