My New Bike!

Pete
This post is 6661 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Another very important thing to remember when riding one of those things is that you really must resist the almost overwhelming temptation to invade Poland.

:lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what exactly is an 'old man's bike'?........to my mind an old man's bike is a h*nda step-through or a 1925 royal enfield! Modern day bikes be it a sport or tour bike or whatever can all be a bit of handful when giving it large. Obviously I'm talking about a bike you have to have a proper licence for!!!

I prefer yam's over all the other jap bikes but I wouldn't say no to that bmw big-bird given the chance......but maybe i'm saying this cause i'm an old man hehehe :icon_confused:

An old man's bike could be a Triumpg Bonneville as my dad brought one earlier in the year!!

Nice bike Pete, i have heard good things about those Beemer's in bike mags and other people. Seen as you and your wife like it then its a good match! although weren't you tempted by the big yellow quad bike instead!!

o and what number bike is this one now???

Number 53 Tom! :lol:

And for those of you who think it's a bit of a saddos bike....then you might like to watch these onboard vids!

The bike is an R1150GS and is ridden (very skillfully IMO) around the IOM by Paul Young from UKGSer.

These videos are superb, and well worth seeing by everybody....even if you hate Beemers. I saw them first a year ago, and they certainly changed my perception of GS's.

(You'll need Broadband....then "right click and save as")

Ballacraine-Kirk Michael 43mb

Rhencullen-Sulby 23mb

The Mountain Course 73mb

You may very well be surprised! B)

yeah very good pete changed my view on them superb videos

ok i never watched them but hey im a twat so i will just humor my mate pete :lol:

Number 53 Tom! :lol:

And for those of you who think it's a bit of a saddos bike....then you might like to watch these onboard vids!

The bike is an R1150GS and is ridden (very skillfully IMO) around the IOM by Paul Young from UKGSer.

These videos are superb, and well worth seeing by everybody....even if you hate Beemers. I saw them first a year ago, and they certainly changed my perception of GS's.

(You'll need Broadband....then "right click and save as")

Ballacraine-Kirk Michael 43mb

Rhencullen-Sulby 23mb

The Mountain Course 73mb

You may very well be surprised! B)

nice clips Pete I notice he managed to keep up with the youngsters on their sport bikes!!! hehehe

I was just having another at yer bike after watching the vids. This may be a dumbarse question but does the yellow beaky bit on the front serve any practible purpose? I would imagine that being krauten-macht it's not there cause it's pretty!!

I have been told that it is a multi-purpose, removeable, adjustable device which can be used as a snow shovel, snow plough, entrenching tool, kiddies' slippery dip, aircraft escape slide, or emergency sugar scoop. However, I personally believe that it was a desperate attempt by the designers to convince the world that Germans DO have a sense of humour.