My New Bike!

Pete
This post is 6661 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

bm1.jpg

Here's the details:

2000 BMW R1150 GS

50K kms/ 30K miles

1 owner from new

Full BMW main dealer service history (same dealer)

Supplied with 1 year BMW main dealer warranty

Genuine BMW topbox

Excellent condition

Hell has frozen over! :lol:

Edited by Pete

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You gotta be joking....I can't stomach all that pretentious Beemer bullshit spewing forth from their owners! B)

hehehe......ok, mebbe give it a few weeks and you'll be telling us to sell our jap-crap and buy a fritz-bike.

But you have to give it to the Germans - i'd have one if i could afford it.

Yours is a good-looking bike - have fun!

pete you sad sad sad lonley old man you can never own a beemer after taking the piss outta of lc's suzuki :lol:

seriously though mate nice machine

The problem is, whenever I see this.......

normal_bm2.jpg

....I think of this.....

noah6.jpg

I rode it yesterday and I felt like I was in an episode of Sesame Street.

Now I've got to parade around the streets looking like a pretentious twat on a Pantomime Horse!

Pete....you should paint that beast BLACK straight away! B)

Then you can pick out all the feathers from your gear! :lol:

....& whatever you do....DON'T buy big orange tires for it! :P

...that'd just defeat the purpose for the colour change :D

Seriously though.....that bike is hard to argue with as far as fitting your current bike needs. :thumb:

Looks like pillion provisions are decent.....

Howz the wife like it? :unsure:

• Admin

Pete this has confirmed all our thoughts... your going through a midlife chrisis! Not only have you moved to spain, not only have you brought another bike.... its ORANGE!!! :lol:

Alex you Twat.....it's yellow! B)

Taken today in Calasparra.....

bm12.jpg

And Scott....she loves it! These are her exact words.....

"I found it very strange at first because there was so much room....I kept adjusting my position because I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to be sitting. Once I'd got used to that, I could lean back into the contoured topbox and I still had enough space to read a newspaper.

Footpegs are in the perfect position and the seat was much more comfortable than anything I've ever been on before.

Riding along the Autovia was like sitting in a big leather chair in an open topped sportscar. It was very unlike any other bike I'd been on. In fact it felt more like a car than a bike.

I had no turbulence or buffeting and apparently at some points we were doing over 100mph but it didn't feel any faster than 60. There's no vibes at all, and no sensation of the engine revving hard.

Within 5 minutes I was more relaxed on it than any other bike I've been on.

There were no back problems whatsoever, and I didn't even feel any of the speedbumps we went over, which normally cause me pain.

Basically, it's brilliant, I'd recommend one to anybody who needs a bike with good pillion capabilities if their wife/girlfriend suffers with back/neck problems, or someone who wants long distance pillion comfort. Nothing else even come close to it".

Edited by Pete

And Scott....she loves it! These are her exact words.....

"I found it very strange at first because there was so much room....I kept adjusting my position because I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to be sitting. Once I'd got used to that, I could lean back into the contoured topbox and I still had enough space to read a newspaper.

Footpegs are in the perfect position and the seat was much more comfortable than anything I've ever been on before.

Riding along the Autovia was like sitting in a big leather chair in an open topped sportscar. It was very unlike any other bike I'd been on. In fact it felt more like a car than a bike.

I had no turbulence or buffeting and apparently at some points we were doing over 100mph but it didn't feel any faster than 60. There's no vibes at all, and no sensation of the engine revving hard.

Within 5 minutes I was more relaxed on it than any other bike I've been on.

There were no back problems whatsoever, and I didn't even feel any of the speedbumps we went over, which normally cause me pain.

Basically, it's brilliant, I'd recommend one to anybody who needs a bike with good pillion capabilities if their wife/girlfriend suffers with back/neck problems, or someone who wants long distance pillion comfort. Nothing else even come close to it".

Well....that settles that.....straight from the boss', I mean wife's mouth :P

She should be doing adverts for Beemer.....from the pillion point of view ;)

talk about an old mans bike

what exactly is an 'old man's bike'?........to my mind an old man's bike is a h*nda step-through or a 1925 royal enfield! Modern day bikes be it a sport or tour bike or whatever can all be a bit of handful when giving it large. Obviously I'm talking about a bike you have to have a proper licence for!!!

I prefer yam's over all the other jap bikes but I wouldn't say no to that bmw big-bird given the chance......but maybe i'm saying this cause i'm an old man hehehe :icon_confused:

@pete: Wish you a l ot of fun with the Postbox! (In Germany Postboxesa are yellow...

Did You Know what BMW in German stands for?

BMW = "Bring Mich Werkstatt" = "Take me to repaircenter"

= "Bei Mercedes weggeworfen" = "Thrown away at Mercedes"

and so on.

From my - and some friends - experience, these new BMW are nice High-Tec bikes. You can use them on good weather on good roads. You should not use them in winter, on bad roads or if you are going more than 10000miles a year. If you do that, yopu will have to spend a lot of money on repairs.....

Never thought of an XS100 ?

Leon

Edited by Leon

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online