crashed and burned...

Splinter
This post is 6637 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Took a tumble on my Thundercat YZF600 last weekend :( . I got a few cuts and bruises, and was dizzy for a couple of days, but otherwise ok. Can't say the same about the bike, pretty smashed down the left side, left handlebar snapped off, left and top fairing and rear panel broken, mirror broken off, left footpeg snapped, not to mention my injured pride. I accidentally spun the bike in Stratford, the roads were very slipery (I was actually trying to go in a straight line at the time), lost control as it spun, hit the curb and down like a ton of bricks. All I remember as my head hit the ground was my visor popping off and bouncing down the road...

If anyone knows anyone breaking a Thundercat in the the Birmingham area, I could do with a few bits...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to hear that Splinter! :o

Glad you're OK though ;) .....your street cred just went up a few notches as well B)

Best of Luck with the rebuild :)

Bad luck! Hope your injuries heal quickly.

One thing for sure, dropping a bike is much more expensive than it once was! In the "good old days" you'd just kick the pegs straight and think about getting the tank resprayed black.

You're right there Ross. My 66 3TA Triumph hit everything from cars, roundabouts, and even the window of an Indian restaurant! :lol:

And tough luck there Splinter, but at least you're in one piece.

You're right there Ross. My 66 3TA Triumph hit everything from cars, roundabouts, and even the window of an Indian restaurant! :lol:

And tough luck there Splinter, but at least you're in one piece.

prtr what have i told you about tryink to kill all these pakkis :lol:

Hi,

Took a tumble on my Thundercat YZF600 last weekend :( . I got a few cuts and bruises, and was dizzy for a couple of days, but otherwise ok. Can't say the same about the bike, pretty smashed down the left side, left handlebar snapped off, left and top fairing and rear panel broken, mirror broken off, left footpeg snapped, not to mention my injured pride. I accidentally spun the bike in Stratford, the roads were very slipery (I was actually trying to go in a straight line at the time), lost control as it spun, hit the curb and down like a ton of bricks. All I remember as my head hit the ground was my visor popping off and bouncing down the road...

If anyone knows anyone breaking a Thundercat in the the Birmingham area, I could do with a few bits...

hi, sorry to hear about your tumble....i did a similar thing back in october on a greasy bend. bust my wrist etc but the worst thing, at the time, was my embarassment of getting up off the road - i felt a right tit!!

glad to hear you are ok though - i'm off work/bikes till feb 2006 at least!!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Your really lucky splinter bud. I came of my Suzuki TL 1000R at Hampshire and snapped my wrist. Had to have it plated and pinned with titanium nuts and bolts. The damage to the bike was just over £4000 needless to say the insurance accessor wrote the bike off. The best joke of it all was I was only doing 40mph....

Just goes to show you that you do not need to be flying to write a bike off and yourself too......

I'm managing to pick up a few bits and pieces off eBay, so hope to be back on the road soon. Real struggle to get fairings though...

Sorry to hear about the spill mate.

Just to let you know that even badly damaged fairings can be rapaired instead of replaced. Ive refurbished a couple and the cracks we welded up are now stronger than the original plastic of the fairing. Unfortunately don't know of anyone in the Birmingham area, but try the yellow pages.

Regards

Robbie

hi, sorry to hear about your tumble....i did a similar thing back in october on a greasy bend. bust my wrist etc but the worst thing, at the time, was my embarassment of getting up off the road - i felt a right tit!!

glad to hear you are ok though - i'm off work/bikes till feb 2006 at least!!

There is always an audience....

And why do they put lamp posts........

right were ya gona crash :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online