Tour - west highlands

blackhat250
This post is 3869 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Am off on a ride round the highlands again, taking the Illiminator, :eusa_think: as need to spare theH2 for andorra trip ,

fuel will be an issue [ 2.2 gallon tank] . see you lot wen home, forecast good up here, :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wish I could join you...

I envy you Blackhat, west highlands is were i'd be if I had half a chance going to try & get time towards the end of this month. my sister lives in Oban so I have a good base (free) lol

• 2 weeks later...

A few piccy"s. the sunset was at Durness camp site, where we met a guy from yorkshise on a Arial Square 4. ridden all the way,

View to Isle of skye.

Skye023.jpg

Gairloch.

Skye013.jpg

Durness

Skye018.jpg

The Arial 4..

Skye016.jpg

Dunnet Head, farthest north point of UK,,,2.4mls farther north , that john.o G.

Skye009.jpg

What a cool bike. Looks like it was a beautiful trip!

There's few better places in the world to go biking.

When the sun is shining!! :D

Great stuff Blackhat.

V.

great pics Blackhat, I have never been that far north, looks like you got good weather, fantastic up there as the sun goes down

Yeh " tommy, the thing to mind is , there is little or no amenities up ther, we stoppped in a layby near Durness , germans were taking pics, hes say"s we go now to find Hotel,,, :eusa_shifty: , we jumps on bikes and high tailed it to village, the so called Hotels have few rooms, and Every B&B were full, tents for us,,,,7PM ,,, i saw the Gerry"s car cruising round the village, they will have to travell 50 mls south to get accomadation,, :yeah: yeh thats 50nmls of single track roads at an average of 30mph.. thats the only downside ... be prepared , there aint no Premier inns up there,, :eusa_snooty: ,

• Like 1

Yeh " tommy, the thing to mind is , there is little or no amenities up ther, we stoppped in a layby near Durness , germans were taking pics, hes say"s we go now to find Hotel,,, :eusa_shifty: , we jumps on bikes and high tailed it to village, the so called Hotels have few rooms, and Every B&B were full, tents for us,,,,7PM ,,, i saw the Gerry"s car cruising round the village, they will have to travell 50 mls south to get accomadation,, :yeah: yeh thats 50nmls of single track roads at an average of 30mph.. thats the only downside ... be prepared , there aint no Premier inns up there,, :eusa_snooty: ,

Haha so much for German efficiency, Vorsprung durch technic!!

Just back from my first ling weekend bike trip to the w highlands. Stunning stunning stunning. And the most fearless sheep and goats I've ever encountered :-P. That said, wouldn't fancy having a break down along some of those roads ..... Its a harsh beauty up there.

Long weekend ! Flippin mobile touchpad

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online