Your good deed for the day

Noise
This post is 3891 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well Yesturday i decided to finish work early as its was sunny and i wanted to go to Screw fix and get some bits to carry on with the bike.

Just plodding along the same route i do every day and was over taken by loads of cars on the A303 as i was in no rush to get home. Any ways one of the cars that over takes me soon slows down and as we come off the 303 i get stuck behind him.

Soon this became scary!

he starts to go over the white line, then jumps back on track, then slides over to the verge and then snaps it back and continues this for a few mins and then starts to drive normal again. But not for long and he nearly takes out another on coming cager.

To start with i backed off and left a good 4-5 car lengths between us just so if the shit hit then i could stop in time and help sort the mess out, But then i stopped being a selfish twat, spotted a good place to over take, stuck on my hazzards and stopped him in a lay by to see if he was ok.

He was and elderly man in his mid 80's so at first glance as i got out my car i thought shit he maybe falling asleep or even having a heart attack / stroke??? so grabbed my mobile ready for the 999 call.

Walked up to the car and he said "im so glad you stopped me, the 4 pints have gone right to my head!" SHOCK HORROR!

Now im not sure what you guys would have done but to be truthful i couldn't give a toss if your 18 or 118 i hate drink drivers so i took his keys to prevent him driving off and then called the cops. But this old git was a true gent, i sat in his car with him and had a good proper chat about cars bikes & woman etc (god he was filthy!) haha i told him why i called the police and he said he would have done the same in my shoes but i done it in a nice way and kept him safe (along witht he rest of South somerset)

So anyone else done a good deed this week?

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not quite sure what to say to that! Agree with calling the cops tho, 4 pints and he's in his 80s & he's driving home Christ on a crutch!!!! ALL drink drivers should be banned I don't care how old they are, well done Noise.

Poor bugger, probably didn't think. Still a bad thing and glad you stepped in, mate!

I did feel sorry for him but at the same time i still though he was a twat and told him so in our convo we had.

When i was hanging back i was thinking about leaving him be, but if he HAD created a crash and someone or even he was killed i doubt i could have gone to sleep for a few days after.

Id have took his keys, called him a cab, dropped his keys off next day

I agree! but don't think I would have overtaken him and pulled him up, he could have smacked into the back of you,

also maybe just binned the keys to teach the old twat a lesson :crazy:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online