HELP! Yamaha SRV 250

shelton52
This post is 3646 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I am currently stationed in Okinawa Japan and i bought a Yamaha SRV250. I got it for a helluva steal. only $750! Anyway, it has some serious carburetor issues and i need to rebuild them. the only problem is i can't find carb parts for it anywhere!! From what i've read the carbs are not the same as its Virago brother being that the Virago only has one horizontal carb and the SRV has two vertical carbs. Anyway, if anyone knows where i can get carb parts for it or if there are any identical carbs i can use parts from please let me know so i can get this thing up and running!

Also, the guy i bought it from said that it was a 1981, however, from what i've read they were only made from 1994 to 1997. I can't read the VIN sticker because its in japanese. I'll add a few pictures and maybe someone can tell me for sure what year it is. I know a decent amout about motorcycles but not knowing anything about this one makes me feel kinda dumb lol.

Thanks for the help!!

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:1068]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So far I've found they were made from 1983-1993. They also made a 'S' version?

The run 2x BDS26 Mikuni Carbs - Hyosung GT250 also runs these carbs.

Have you tried balancing the carbs? Cleaned the jets/fuel bowls? I'd give them a good clean up before deciding on a rebuild.

• 8 months later...

Sorry it took so long to reply! i kinda forgot about this forum :eusa_shifty:

Anyway, I finally found a bike shop here that could order parts for it. I also found out it is a 1992. It now runs perfect! i think i need a clutch soon but that's not a big deal. In one carb the idle jet was broken off and laying in the bowl. There was also a lot of gunk in it. the other one was pretty bad too. the float was bent and the plunger was stuck in place. all in all the carbs cost me about $200. but luckily that's all that was wrong!

I 'll check back on this thread in 9 more months and see how your making out

I 'll check back on this thread in 9 more months and see how your making out

:babyha: - :chair:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online