grinding noise from rear wheel!

ironlung
This post is 3914 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. Today I had a new rear tyre put on my XVS 150 just rode it home there now and there is a terrible metal grinding noise coming from the rear wheel. At first I thought that the mechanic might have overtightend the wheel so I loosened it and tried that but the noise is still there. Any ideas as to what might be causing this. The only thing I can think of is the rear brake might be on backwatds! Either way I'm.bringing it back to the mechanics tomorrow.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

loosen the wheel? wtf it needs to be as tight as you can get it 75 ft lbs usually

did you lose a spacer?

I just thought is try lol don't worry I tightened the wheel again. What's a spacer I'm a noob at the mechanical side of things

its a hollow cylindrical metal object that fills a gap/s (between bearing and swing arm for instance)

I just noticed that the tyre is far to big tor the bike. Each side wall of the tyre is pressing against the frame and other stuff. I mean what mechanic would not notice that before he finished the job

I just noticed that the tyre is far to big tor the bike. Each side wall of the tyre is pressing against the frame and other stuff. I mean what mechanic would not notice that before he finished the job

a crap one?

have you checked the tyre specs for the bike?

No I thought my bike mechanic would know everything he would need to know about bikes to do that for ne. Guess I'm asking to much of him

No I thought my bike mechanic would know everything he would need to know about bikes to do that for ne. Guess I'm asking to much of him

never assume people know more than you, especially if you tell them you know nothing.

Always do your research first and tell them what you want them to do.

Im not looking forward to the debate with him tomorrow! He will prob say something like it wasn't like that when it left here or try to re-charge me for re-fixing my bike.

tell him what the correct size is, he can't respond unless he has evidence to support his side

Never heared of a 150cc Draggy but here are the tyre sizes for the 125cc ;)

http://www.bits4motorbikes.co.uk/YAMAHA/YAMAHAXVS%281562%29tyres.html

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online