Read it and weep!

Pete
This post is 6685 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

For those of you still stuck in dear old Blighty, and having to contend with sub zero temperatures and all the trails getting closed.....here's something that I'm sure will cheer you up! B)

Took an hour's break from house-hunting, making Spanish friends, and avoiding fuckwit Brits, by taking the XT350 for a jaunt.

It hadn't seen the light of day for about 2 weeks, so I thought I'd give it a quick spin down the road.

I wasn't planning any offroading, but you just ride along and see trails everywhere.....so you tend to get sidetracked.

Firstly I did a couple of miles along the sea front.....roads were busy!

xts28.jpg

Then I found a gentle gravel path near the beach, and my first thought was......Photo Opportunity! :lol:

xts24.jpg

I could see the trail was continuing, so I just carried on braving the elements in the 17 degree Winter sunshine! B)

xts27.jpg

xts26.jpg

Then things started getting a bit more difficult as I turned onto a dry river bed.......there's a lot of them over here!

xts29.jpg

I'd seen some offroad wizzes riding this area from a distance, and making it look easy. Not for me it wasn't!

el1.jpg

Managed to eventually stumble through that lot like a CBT wobbler....and things started getting easier.

In fact the surface was great. I whipped it up through the gears, I'm doing about 40....then HOLY SHIT! :o

I'd been looking at the dry river bed in front of me and all of a sudden, it's not there!

I hit the brakes HARD and slide to a halt right here.......

xts30.jpg

The river bed that I'm riding stops completely! Underneath is a 10 foot sheer vertical drop into the entrance of a concrete tunnel. :o

I turned round carefully and managed to find a track running off the river bed.

Another 1/4 mile and I'm back on tarmac.....thank God.

And that's what catches you out over here.....within 200 yards it can change from gravel to sand to rocks to huge drops.

But the good thing is, you can ride anywhere....and everybody does, cos Spain is a very bike friendly place.

Edited by Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Over here: Rainy, wet 1 Degrre Celsius, cold, wet, brrrrrrr!!!

I will take out my son Max (7) for a ride on the feedlot behind the house. He is running an old H**** PX50E ... Will see if he is freezing...

It is too far to Spain for a weekend joyride...

CU

Leo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online