Favourite ride - favourite sound?

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3896 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Since this thing seems to be in fashion...

OK, imagine I am Sir Ridley Scott* and I am filming your favourite ride ever. Your most beloved, most treasured memory on your bike of choice. All the shots will be perfect, everything will look as good as it made you feel.

However, I need a soundtrack to accompany the footage.
What one song/score/track would you choose?

If you have more than one bike, you can choose one per bike, but only ONE song!!

Answer below...

*Or whoever your favourite film maker happens to be.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Since this thing seems to be in fashion...

OK, imagine I am Sir Ridley Scott* and I am filming your favourite ride ever. Your most beloved, most treasured memory on your bike of choice. All the shots will be perfect, everything will look as good as it made you feel.

However, I need a soundtrack to accompany the footage.

What one song/score/track would you choose?

If you have more than one bike, you can choose one per bike, but only ONE song!!

Answer below...

*Or whoever your favourite film maker happens to be.

Is he the one who owns Slimbridge?

If that's the case it's got to be "T.Rex" ride a white swan.

• Like 1

well its not a ride i've done but given the chance I would love to do the opening scene from the italian job

obviously I wouldn't want the mafia waiting for me with a bulldozer but really liked the music

Matt Munro on day like these, the Bike again never had one but my choice sorry not a Yamaha but a Norton Comando goes back to my Dad and his twin brother they always had brit bikes and it was my uncle Tom who had a Camando, I always looked up to him as a kid and thought his bike was always the coolest and wanted one ever since, one day Tom one day

Remembering my favourite ride, it can only be this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bB-cCYnFJU&feature=player_detailpage

oh sorry, wrong type of ride,

well it has to be one summer back in the 80s I was riding down to Whitby and just after Thirsk I crested Sutton Bank about 5am, and the sun was just coming up. Status Quo, Easy Rider came in my head "Easy Rider in the morning sun, are you coming here to have your fun"

I was never a big Quo fan, but even now I think of that song when out on the bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uT4Vgl9Z1LI

I went to school with the "QUO" Rick Parfitt was a dick!!!

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread Tasky!

Although I haven't listed it on my profile (cos I can't remember the make or model) my first two wheeled vehicle was a Chinese 50cc scoot that my daughters called my 'Funky Moped' so...

For the record..

650 Dragstar : Magic Carpet Ride, Steppenwolf

FJ1200: Shock To The System, Billy Idol.

I remember that plonker Carrot , he had everybody takin thie piss out of us ped riders of 1975, when we were running around on FS1E"s &Garelli"s ... Whitch this song reminds me of summer 75 , the lyric"s " bike ride in the midday heat and wild side",,,got most of us School leavers on bikes :jossun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuWsdOhy8Xc

Thank you Blackhat I had forgotten that one and I might still have my BELLBOTTOMS in the cupboard!