money no object

Remelad
This post is 3894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bit of a random one guys and gals but...we have the 5 best ever songs...but if money and or time was no object...what bike/s would you have in ur pimped out garage? (Even blasphemy maybe accepted...as long as its classic :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i would fully restore my XJ650 turbo (finally).

sell the fireblade, it doesnt do anything for me.

fully restore my DT50MX back to exactly how my 'donkey' used to be.

Build my XZ550 cafe racer, supercharge it, electronic dash and ignition, that would be my daily rider.

convert the FTO lpg, just to get me from A-to-B.

Dt50....that has some fond memories for me...(first bike every ridden. ..restorations...now that I am only beginning my journey and with an easy one but I can feel the love there but out of all the bikes in all the world and time you choose the 550..dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with the trudger but im talking 'no money no object here...sentiment only goes so far...for me anyway hehehe...

My 3

Would be the dt...for mems and my kids

And i know i will be slagged for it but was my dream as a kid harley softail heritage...even though i will be fixing it every 100 miles :)

And the yamaha M1...just to wind up all the CBR track boys...and to get the knee down (cant really do that on a harley :)

the DT50 was my first moped, and one night i got a bit tearey-eyed on eBay and bought a few of them (5 or 6 at this point), ive sold the rest of them off and kept one to one day be a nut-and-bolt restore just as i remember it.

the 550?, well the fireblade does 25mpg on a good day... so that has to go. my XJ600 used to do 50mpg at 90mph, so the 550 will hopefully be around that area, be my daily runaround, look badass and be cheap at the same time.

if i had more cash than sense, i would have a ducati sport 1000 classic.

Matey u are talking sense there...even with the ducati..even though it sounds a bag of bolts on the lower gears it still has that meaty growl...would enjoy that the only 5 secs I would be alive on it :-) the dt tho...funny how such a fun lil bike that is :D

Well mine would have to be (this would be my Monday to Sunday bikes) :)

1st a supercharged Vmax chopper/bobber thing, low to the ground and evil in every way possible

2nd would be and old Shovel head Hardly

3rd Brough Superior

4th V8 on two wheels (built to my specs)

5th Y2K bike (just for shits and giggles)

6th Honda C90 (to go to the shops on)

7th Triumph Rocket 3

I would buy and restore an old friend, my late lamented Francis Barnett 200cc, I think it was called a "FALCON" can't remember much about it really but I just want the chance to treat one right after the way I abused the first one. I was 15 at the time!!!!

1/. A second FJ1200. Possibly a 3rd FJ1200, all tricked out with 'stuff'.

2/. WW2 Harley, kitted out and marked up for E-Co, 2nd Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division, US Army.

3/. Dragstar 650 Custom. Possibly 4, one of which will be ratted, another of which will be militarised.

4/. Something that looks 99% like a Police bike, just for shits and giggles.

5/. 1982 Honda CR 500, heavily modded - See below.

That's the Top Five I guess, but there're others too, including a Yamaha Bolt, 'just because'!! :lol:

And this Honda CR 500:

DSC_0375.JPG

• Like 1

Triumph T110 Tiger

Triumph T160 Trident

Yamaha XS650

Yamaha XT500

Triumph T140 Bonneville

In that particular order

Hmm... I'd (finally) finish my DTs for everyday riding... and I'd love to do a full restore on my dad's 1940 flathead, but I'm partial to the character of the knucklehead so I'd probably see about getting one. I'm also liking Honda's CB1100 retro... and Triumph's 2013 Bonneville CR. But they're all probably too tall for me anyway so it's probably good I'm poor. :eusa_think:

• Like 1

Indian Chief Dark Horse

Indian Chief Deluxe

Indian Army Scout

And another Dark Horse just cos I could

(anyone see a theme her?)

Bit of a random one guys and gals but...we have the 5 best ever songs...but if money and or time was no object...what bike/s would you have in ur pimped out garage? (Even blasphemy maybe accepted...as long as its classic :)

Per chance were you in the Army?

Bought up in the Coldstream guards...was TA (I know toy soldiers) REME (as u can tell by the name) but work and life took charge and had ta leave...miss it sometimes tho...why do u ask mike? Was it the name :)

Sacha..knicklehead or flathead....ooooo...my preference would be the knucklehead...more power...but that wasnt and isnt the goal rhyme or reason behind the harleys...people (esp jap bike fans) slate harleys but for me they were the first posters and dreams I had ever since I could breath :)

Mucker...I do love the R1...but I know I would die on one (power thing again...I would get addicted to it :) )

Ttmaster...THAT is a bike from madmax if ever I saw one...love it

Obrien...mate tbh I dont know much about the indian bikes but from the pics...nice looking bikes...not to my style but still good looking

Jimmy...are you a trail blazer by choice...I would choose triumph over bmw anyday...so good choice mate

Slice...the Frances barnet 200 was known as the falcon...regrets are a good inspiration to 'Do' better...shame I dont feel as sentimental about the cg I abused :-)

Oh and noise...so bro...out of all the bike u put down...powerfull supercharged v8 types...why would u go to the shops on a C90???? This is money no object...I would rather go on a 'blow out ur eardrum look at me picking up my bread' bike that a putt putt :) but hey...its ur list dude hehehehe

Jimmy...are you a trail blazer by choice...I would choose triumph over bmw anyday...so good choice mate

REME

My whole biking Life has been

xs250 (81-83)

T140 (83-89 stolen)

5T (84-87)

xs100 (89-2000)

Triumph Legend (00-05)

T140 (04-11)

xj1200 (10-12)

T100 (12-present)

5Ta (12-present)

So all that leaves me is the bikes I listed above. I know I've owned 2 T140s in the past, but they are great bikes, so another would be in my shed.

Mate I am in agreement with you...I DO like triumphs...trust me on that...there would probably be a couple in my shed too...but more of the spitfire kind :) and of course the bonny :D

For a collectors item...be a pig ta work on tho...then again money no object you could get parts handmade for it hehehehe :)