money no object

Remelad
This post is 3920 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Mate I am in agreement with you...I DO like triumphs...trust me on that...there would probably be a couple in my shed too...but more of the spitfire kind :) and of course the bonny :D

Haha, I dont do cars, but if I had to have a Spitfire, and money no object, it would be the Supermarine version

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Really love the look of the Fjr1300a, but also would have to have some sort of trike - I've got 2 boys who struggle to share at the mo! Given that money would be no object, I obviously wouldn't be working so I'd have to split my time between bikes and a 1972 Charger - and yes it would be in Sunburnt Orange with all the decals!

Bought up in the Coldstream guards...was TA (I know toy soldiers) REME (as u can tell by the name) but work and life took charge and had ta leave...miss it sometimes tho...why do u ask mike? Was it the name :)

Take away lad and you get reme, the only thing I can think of then is Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.

Which if any non British members are wondering is part of the British Army.

Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Light Aid Detachment...but lad can be taken the normal way too :) I were attached to the Royal Signal Regiment...good times

We were I meant to say :/

Light Aid Detachment

That's something I've learned today

That's something I've learned today

Here's something else Mike.

The BFC you would have used as a navaid coming home to fazzers is being blown up (down?) this evening. I'll try for some pics

Well if I said it was a C90 with a busa engine in it would that make things better? Ha ha. Also if I tipped up at the shop with a million pound bike then you would have every one wanting donations etc but on a C90 you won't have that drama.

And I can't believe you was in the Royal engineer's made easy! Proper engineers to hard? :eusa_whistle::biglaugha:

V-max [ mat black]

Sunbeam-S7

Triumph Bonniville [ us high bars]

Kawasaki H1- 500cc [1969 model]

DT250B, [twinshock]

Bye the way i got knocked back from joining up in 1978, for being over-weight" at 12.5 stone. :eusa_snooty: My brother joined the R.C.T. [ Taughnton].

He was a junior Leader,,

Ttmaster...THAT is a bike from madmax if ever I saw one...love it

Then you ain't seen one - It's not from Mad Max... A far better movie, in fact ;)

Bastard to ride, though...

Mad max are cult classics bro...think my fav is madmax 2 tho...that bike would definitely look right at home in them :D

Bloody cheek...and btw way Royal engineers is a diff regiment to R.E.M.E mr nah...growing up in the army and my whole family in the army I wanted a different path...just couldnt break away that easy

Noise...you are true there with the expensive bike thing though...anonymity is key to any 'superhero' image :P

Ha ha, it made me laught when i was reading through the Challenger 2 service manuel back in Bovvy, such petty things needed the help of the REME things on the lines of this:

Fault: indicator light not working

Fix: Call out REME :biglaugha:

Yep, def need to keep a low profile with regards to winning big with money, all my cars would be sleepers like a Nissan Micra dropped onto a Sierra Cosworth turbo chasy but keeping it looking like a Micra etc. best thing in the world keeping up with high ends cars in a clapped out banger. Same goes with bikes, love to have a dirty rat of a bike that will keep up / kick the ass out of top sports bikes.

Plus more people tend to look more at rat bikes than the crystal clean bikes that have just rolled out the show room. for example which would you have?

poserbike_zps4f862fc7.jpg

ratbike_zpsde35c47d.jpg

Well we do know that everyday cannon fodder can change a lightbulb :D...but remember that its the REME who turn up to fix ALL problems with ur vehicles...feom challengers to scammels...to military bikes.

I had an old box standard golf driver...with a tricked out gti engine...went like the brown stuff off a diggy thing.

I do see what u mean tho mate...tho I do like the top one too hehehhe :)

Mad max are cult classics bro...think my fav is madmax 2 tho...that bike would definitely look right at home in them :D

Oh, I know - I have all of them.

But even though the bike itself is a piece of shit with near-suicidal handling and blatantly fake armaments, the film it's from is very special to me. Hence spending the hypothetical fortune to acquire one rather than a more practical ride. It's one that'd just sit in my 'bike museum', being drooled over!!

Rumour has it these bikes were knocked together one afternoon by a group of HAs down the road from the Cali film studio... and were so dangerous to ride that only the stuntmen were allowed! :D

Well we do know that everyday cannon fodder can change a lightbulb :D...but remember that its the REME who turn up to fix ALL problems with ur vehicles...feom challengers to scammels...to military bikes.

I had an old box standard golf driver...with a tricked out gti engine...went like the brown stuff off a diggy thing.

I do see what u mean tho mate...tho I do like the top one too hehehhe :)

The top one is actually a rather sexy R1.................but id still prefer the rat look ha ha. on a side note any one know if the Army surplus stores sell ammo tins?

Noise-Last time I looked they did...but havent been In one in years...

Tt-what films it from...looks like its as stable as an egg on wheels...and heavy too...still looks crazy tho :D

Tt-what films it from...looks like its as stable as an egg on wheels...and heavy too...still looks crazy tho :D

Ah, you'll have to do a bt of detective work...

Don't worry - Everything you need to know is in my profile ;)

Heavy, unstable and pretty scary even to watch. A friend of mine is one of the two actors who 'rode' it in the film.