YBR125 starting problems

awchick
This post is 3918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I've recently purchased a 2006 YBR125 that is low mileage but has been rather neglected. I thought fixing it up would be relatively simple but I just can't seem to get to the bottom of why it isn't happy to fire up. The problem seems to be fuel/mixture related. The only way I can get it to fire is to cover the air-inlet to the carb partially to restrict the air flow. By doing this I can get it to run but without the restriction the bike will stall under 3000 rpm. I initially thought it was something simple related to the carb but having swapped this with one from a scrappy I still have the same fault. I've really run out of ideas with how to fix this and being a few miles away from a garage and with no bike trailer I'm now stuck!

If anyone has any idea to the likely cause of the fault I would love to hear from you!

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Andrew.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Id give you fuel pipes a check. Could be kinked an not allowing enough fuel through. Have you checked around the inlet manifold for air leaks etc? When you get it going spray carb an any joinns an manifold etc with wd40.. If revs raise you have a leak. Im probably wrong so wait ffor someone elses answer lol :P

Also do you have a standard airfilter? Id give it a clean or replace an set your carb to settings said in the manual

Hi Oliver125, Thanks for the reply.

The fuel side seems fine. I've drained all the old fuel out of the tank in case it had gone off and there wasn't any problem with the amount of fuel passing through the pipe that feeds the carb. I have a standard air filter. The bike appears to be pretty much unused from new (the original tyres still all their tread) but it looks like it's been stored somewhere damp judging by the amount of surface rust. I can't see why there would be a leak at the manifold as apart from my replacement of the carb it's untouched, I'm sure it's more likely to be something that's perished or seized up but I'm not sure where to go next. There appears to be a breather from the top of the engine that's connected to the air box via a component under the fuel tank - any ideas what this is meant to do? Is it some sort of one way valve?

Andrew.

Hello can you post a pic of that breather hose your are stating? It could be culprit. Another thing that I would suggest is to have the carb overhauled and make sure that all vavuum hose are connected and working.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online