dtr125 peeing fuel out the float drain hole

oliver125
This post is 3918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, yet another question!

Regretting buying this dt now..

When i pour fuel in my dt to start it up in the garden. It poures out the float bowl drain nipple thing. Ive cleaned the carb an jets etc an ive loosend an retightened the drain screw yet it still does it! :( ive cleaned the float an it moves freely, its not pierced either..

Anyone had this happen before?

I wouldnt mind if it did it but fuels expensive thesw days lol

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ahh forgot to clean the needle! Cheers mate will try that, an no mate got the lot for the drain screw, but you reminded me i need an o ring for the mixture screw!

I thought if the carb was over flowing it would come out the over flow pipes, thats why i asked. It sounded unuseual coming out the drain screw as thats sealed tight and used to drain fuel out the carb then sealed back up.

So it must be a problem with the drain screw?

Ill bodge it.. Petrol pipe an a self tapping screw in the end an im good to go lol

Half my bikes bodged..

Im slowly paying a fortune to fix them lol

Ill try loosening an reallly tightening it tonight an threadlock it. If not Ill try an pik up a new float bowl from the breakers when i pick up some more bits! :P

cheers! :P

Thought of ptfe tape but thought the petrol would melt it.. Cheers mate i apreciate all the help!

i dont see why fuel pissing out of the bowl drain is anything at all to do with the needle valve, float height, floats punctured...etc

Its a drain screw problem

................................it poures out the float bowl drain nipple thing................................

I took the "bowl drain nipple thing" as the overflow. Maybe I can't distinguish between a nipple and a screw anymore!

:o dont let your misses here that! ;)

Kicked her into touch years ago, thank god.

Got a nice partner lady one now. :dance: