TDR125 overheating help?

This post is 3922 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I have just recently bought a k reg tdr 125 and it keeps nearly overheating I switch it off just before it goes into the red after about 5 mins of riding, ive fitted all new hoses as one was split and iv already checked the thermostat is opening so I cant work out why its getting so hot so quick, I have noticed that when I start the bike all the coolant is forced back up the rad and out through the expansion bottles overflow pipe at the back of the bike.

any suggestions on what is causing this problem would be much appreciated thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Water pump not working

Air lock

Rad or other waterway blocked

Overheating can also be caused by incorrect timing and the likes but it sounds like one of the first 2 above.

thanks for the reply would it be best to put some rad flush through the system or is there an easier way to clear it out

A flusher may work or you could reverse flush the rad by taking it off and flowing water from a hose the opposite way to the way it runs in the bike. Normally rads don't go wrong so I would be leaning to an airlock or water pump failure before the rad.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online