XT has died

This post is 3923 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just out of curiosity what would cause the engine oil to find its way into the flywheel casing? I knew where to look for the problem as two separate people had suggested that i check the flywheel.

Someone suggested that it was some seal that had failed (i can't remember what, crankshaft maybe? i honestly can't remember what was said hahaha) .

But long story short it has died a horrible death :shakeno:

LOL

Here's a photo of the inside.

z72h.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

has it seazed then ?

Wow, unlucky dude. I wouldn't have thought oil leaking in like that would have caused the engine to totally die. There is no way to fix it or just too expensive? What's next on the list, another XT lol?

Just can't be arsed with it lol.

Have been looking for/thinking of a new bike for quite some time now, this is the push i need. BTW lovely looking new bike you have, my uncle has a 426 that he is currently trying to get MOT ready, he's not working at it flat out, just when he has time (has full time job, family and keeps livestock). . . . i will be pestering him to sell me it when i am able to do my full license test ;) But as thats a few months shy of two years away i will be getting something else long before then.

As far as repairing it gos, it can be done and failing that engine could be changed over, but in all honesty i really cant be fucked to strip it down and get it done.

I had only just finished fixing something else that was wrong with it not one hour before this had happened, had to wait fucking ages for parts, put a lot of time and effort into getting it sorted, i go on it for an hour and this happens.

At the risk of sounding abit grouchy about it- i have lost all interest.

That's what i was told by a few reliable sources - could always be wrong. no ideas how much oil is still in the correct side, as it was only one side i opened..and not checked dip stick after 'the incident', it was fine before.

no there is supposed to be oil in bothsides for definite

you can be sure of this also by the starter motor being stator side that will need oil on the gears

whats actually wrong with it dose it start at all, any funny sounds nocking or smells burning oil or electrics, what colour is the exhaust smoke

the only oil seal I could think that would cause it to die and still be holding oil would be the piston oil ring and is letting oil up past the piston

that would usually be down to there being to much oil or a blocked crankcase breather

so how many miles has it done

do you self service

keep on it tho mate its the worst pain seeing ya bike and not being able to ride it

need any pointers message us

BTW lovely looking new bike you have, my uncle has a 426 ...

Thanks lol, I was told the 426s are crazy for a newbie. Good luck if it gets passed down to you :P. What you planning to do with your XT if you aren't going to fix it? Sell for parts?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online