Screen?

looney tunes
This post is 3898 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Haven't posted much lately due to work commitments, have now changed my handle bars back to standard on my XVS650 and have fitted the screen that came with the bike, not sure if i like the screen or not?

Does a screen do much? Any thoughts? Thanks Tony

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I never used one and you don't really even feel the wind until you pass 90mph, IMO...

It does help in strong winds at speed and when it's cold to keep the chill off you. Probably don't need it in this heat.

Oh yeah, forgot about cold and rain, heh heh... Kinda hard to even remember when it's 34º outside!!
Do some proper mileage, a good tankfull or two at proper speeds and maybe then decide.

I think it's indispensable. Takes the brunt of the cold and wet in the winter, and the bugs in the spring/summer! it certainly improves aerodynamics at motorway speeds as it vastly reduces the "human parachute" effect of riding a cruiser. If you don't like the one you have (and there some right unsightly ones out there), then get one you do like.

I think it's indispensable. Takes the brunt of the cold and wet in the winter, and the bugs in the spring/summer! it certainly improves aerodynamics at motorway speeds as it vastly reduces the "human parachute" effect of riding a cruiser. If you don't like the one you have (and there some right unsightly ones out there), then get one you do like.

... and be sure you buy the right size, take careful the measures. if is to low, you take the wind in your helmet, if is to big, you can`t see the road because of windshield. if you don`t like how is working your old windshield, check if is the right size. take a look here

my chose was a memphis shade windshield. I think is looking great. this is what I chose, black version with quick release here

Right screen coming off, feels like my heads being battered at 60mph tried altering the angle but still the same, pity really as I like the deflection it does give.

The Star I'm picking up this week doesn't come with a screen, so I'll be interested to see what it's like to ride.

My last naked was a CX500 and that didn't go fast enough for the wind to worry me, lol!

The Star I'm picking up this week doesn't come with a screen, so I'll be interested to see what it's like to ride.

My last naked was a CX500 and that didn't go fast enough for the wind to worry me, lol!

few weeks ago I had a trip leeds-manchester on motorway, high wind from front, speed 60-70 m/h. after 20 miles I was forced to exit from motorway because my neck muscles was broken. in few days, when my shield will come (and i`m sure is the right size lol), I can tell you how is with and without this shield (menphis shade)

Right screen coming off, feels like my heads being battered at 60mph tried altering the angle but still the same, pity really as I like the deflection it does give.

Sounds like the screen is too low.

Are there any more holes in the attachment frame that allow you to move it up a bit? There was in mine and it made all the difference.

cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online