Rieju MRT125 SM? Anyone head of them?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 3925 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anyone heard of Reiju Motorcycles?

local dealer in elgin has started selling them and they have quite an impressive spec;

The Marathon Supermotard Pro 125 uses the new liquid cooled 15CV Yamaha 4-stroke 4-valve engine combined with a light weight alloy silencer for maximum power to weight ratio. The all new compact dual beam chassis provides perfect weight distribution for all riding conditions. Hi end suspension is provided by 40mm Marzocchi front forks, Rieju’s Progressive Racing System, mono gas shock rear shock with remote reservoir. Adjustable seat height. 17” Alloy Rims shod with sticky street tyres. Huge Galfer wave disc brakes (300/200mm) with radial mounted AJP gold series dual piston caliper up front. Steel braided hoses all round. As standard the Pro version comes with special edition Graphics, colour coded fork protectors, handguards, and digital instrumentation. Plus Pro Alloy handle bars with Domino grips

Claims they use YZF125 engines, and due to being carbs, instead of injected the dealer will desrestrict up to just under 20bhp for free?

at £3200 there deffo not in the same price range as your "chinese" tat, like the pulse, leximoto, superbyke etc, and boasting a yamaha engine makes me think they may actually be pretty decent?

Thoughts?

looking a new bike cos as you may have read my insurance is something stupid, and this fully comp was coming up jsut under £600

saying that, im off to look at another xj600n tonight :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Poor build quality and bad handling according to some but cheap and lots of toys so why not? Spanish engineering at it's best and it has a yammie engine seems ok for the price but I would still buy a 2nd user jap bike as it's a known quantity.

Never heard of 'em...

My son started his biking career on a Reiju 50cc. That had a minarelli engine as used by Aprilla and Yamaha. As stated the paintwork on the frame and swingarm was shit, in fact I spent an afternoon stripping it down and the got it powder coated. After that there were no issues. He ran around on it for 1 year and sold it for about £100 mare that he (me) paid for it.

180.jpg

Quality parts,yam eng can't realy see how you could go too wrong.All the parts are sorced from different company's any way for any bike so IMO it's a yammy decked out with some nice aftermarket parts,unless they have problem with snaping frames the rest of the parts are easy to get parts for and the electrics are most likey the same as yam's as far as the eng controls so realy why not? Signals are signals and the tail light is a tidy so unless the dealer has no parts available again why not.

Guess I would call/inquire and see how the parts supply is and if thats good then yep I'd be in on one.New bike for the price of a used bike sounds good to me.

You guys are so lucky we don't get all the differen't bikes to choose from. the big4 japs hardlys huskys GIO victory and thats about it ducks, guzi ,gas gas,TM and pitster pro but realy hard to get parts for so unless you want to wait weeks on end for part every time your bike breaks then we stay away from them

I had never heard of them but if I could get the 450 here I would go snap one up for that price.

I went and googled them and look just fine by me and i learned something,, never knew where the eng's were built now I do!

yep they run the Yamaha YZF125R (R6 Replica) engine as does the Yamaha WR125 they might have some differences like gearing ratio, valve height and external parts fuel system down pipes but the same engine

had a shot of it at the weekend, and my god the race copy goes! the supermoto (the one i was looking at) doesnt half shift aswell like, plenty of torque in all gears, 1st, 2nd, 3rd enough to get the frint wheel up easily!

still think its alot of money to spend on a 125 thow . . .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online