Did anyone do something interesting today

Tommy xs
This post is 3894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had to work today but with this fantastic weather who got out and where, I did manage to use me bike for work today as I left all my gear i needed on the job yesterday, about 20 miles there (Knutsford) and about 50 miles home whoops just kept taking the wrong turn on the way home ah 50 mile of twisties bliss

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes, I was on burger king to eat and I forget why I go there... this event is happening in second Saturday every month for who is interested. location, burger king-b&q parking, on ring road leeds. I can search for exactly address if anyone is interested.

ubiz.jpg
zhkz.jpg
to9p.jpg
z5e5.jpg
yteq.jpg

Yeh " " was out on mates boat,[ sea loch] i had me biker gear on , as we rode over to west coast, as he tried to fill the petrol tank [ 500 yards out from coast, he spilt lots of fuel. a few minutes later, starts boat, "Kaboom" inboard motor explodes, cover hit me in back, flames licking out , PANIC" Mate throws fuel tank overboad, THEN" lifts engine cover , Whoomff " engulfs half the boat, by this time am on the bow[ like titanic] one of others shouts i can"t swim. icon_eek.gif . well fk it , it was every man for themself, i dived in starts swimming for shore, still 200 yards to go , I hears Kabboom " [ gerry can]looks round to see boat full ablaze" and i see two orange lifejackets bobbing, so they made it,
I took 10 mins to reach rocks, thers a lady standing there , she says
" is it a traiining exercize " We all made it ashore, looks out to sea and it was like a scene from bluff cove" black paul of smoke, had to ride back to hotel soaked, icon_rolleyes.gif

BH

What Loch was this on

I rode off to a local scooter Rally!! Well, a mate was helping organise it! Actually, there was a great atmosphere an a friendly crowd of 6 to 8 hundred. Some excellent paint jobs there as well.

Now

that should come pretty close to the exploding boat for taking chances?!

Yeh " " was out on mates boat,[ sea loch] i had me biker gear on , as we rode over to west coast, as he tried to fill the petrol tank [ 500 yards out from coast, he spilt lots of fuel. a few minutes later, starts boat, "Kaboom" inboard motor explodes, cover hit me in back, flames licking out , PANIC" Mate throws fuel tank overboad, THEN" lifts engine cover , Whoomff " engulfs half the boat, by this time am on the bow[ like titanic] one of others shouts i can"t swim. icon_eek.gif . well fk it , it was every man for themself, i dived in starts swimming for shore, still 200 yards to go , I hears Kabboom " [ gerry can]looks round to see boat full ablaze" and i see two orange lifejackets bobbing, so they made it,

" is it a traiining exercize " We all made it ashore, looks out to sea and it was like a scene from bluff cove" black paul of smoke, had to ride back to hotel soaked, icon_rolleyes.gif

Some blokes have all the fun

where's the camera phone footage? Joking aside that's pretty major thing to happen John.

At least your all safe, I bet that 10 mins lasted a lifetime (which it could have been)

BH

What Loch was this on

Loch linn, near Connell bridge, or is it appin, We were all laughing at night in pub, but not at time,,, Sandy lost his biker jacket,- phone, money, and The owner lost phone/ wallet . helmet, sat nav, its amazin how quick this all happens, never go out withhout a life jacket,

as i had 1 over my leathers,, and if not the weight of boots and jacket would have got me,..

Well, whilst you lot are out having fun I am stood in the middle of an airfield searching Joe publics cars for bombs, immigrants, drugs e.t.c.

Sleeping in a tent in 30' heat, 12 hours a night for another week, highlight of my day was having some tidy blonde with a tiny skirt on spend half an hour trying to open her car bonnet... Mental image saved for later

• Like 1

Had to spend half the day pulling the brakes off my jeep.

Was doing about 40mph when all of a sudden the left rear wheel locked up and dragged me all-over the road.

Got it home and it took ages to get drum off the shoes. the shoe had plenty life left in it but it had snapped in 2 and totally locked the drum onto it. Both back brakes sorted now but wasn't easy as the sun was pelting down (good complaint)

So all sorted for work again 2moro

Well, whilst you lot are out having fun I am stood in the middle of an airfield searching Joe publics cars for bombs, immigrants, drugs e.t.c.

Sleeping in a tent in 30' heat, 12 hours a night for another week, highlight of my day was having some tidy blonde with a tiny skirt on spend half an hour trying to open her car bonnet... Mental image saved for later

TIP: spray water on the tent, it acts like a fridge and cools the inside

Got introduced to what a properly souped up Toyota Supra can do. Now wanting one of them... as well as my car licence!

Got introduced to what a properly souped up Toyota Supra can do. Now wanting one of them... as well as my car licence!

Supras ARE pretty nippy, aye, lol! My cousin has an R34 Skyline GTS and that thing can move pretty well, too.

Though I've got him into bikes now ;) He had my old GPX750R off me and has now recently replaced it with an SV1000...

Had to nip to Kwik Fit, get one of the tyres on my wife's Punto repaired today.

Also, got my Alfa up for sale as the sports bucket seats are just too uncomfortable for my back (same reason I've traded Thundercat in for the Midnight Star).

Just went and followed my front wheel. Came over the brow of a hill and was met with this view

005_zpsf8f7a9ce.jpg

004_zpsa935629f.jpg