Hay-fever filter mask

Tommy xs
This post is 3191 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

as mentioned earlier on other threads I suffer from hayfever but never had it as bad as i was last weekend, my eyes where in a mess & a sneezing fit in a full face helmet isn't pretty, I also said iv'e tried all the remedies going with no success , well just been on ebay and bought one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370786576560?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I'll let you know how I get on with it in case I'm not the only sufferer on here

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye Tommy, me brother suffers bad too.

Get these and your probs will go away. There a bit dear but worth every penny

Bee Pollen £12.56

https://www.foreverliving.com/retail/shop/shopping.do?task=viewProductDetail&itemCode=026

http://myflpbiz.com/esuite/home/aloeverapb/

Cool tommy you'll look a proper part of the next mad max movie,just hope it works for the hayfever

Cheer's 2 wheels are you certain they work cos it doesn't mention hayfever on that add ?

You get hayfever cause the pollen count in the air is higher during the summer months.

Taking thses basically puts pollen into your system and in turn the hayfever doesn't bother you anymore.

You have 60 days to try them out and then if they haven't worked for you they will give you your money back.

My brother use's them all the time

Have you tried the infrared things that you bung up your nose a few minutes a day? I thought it was bollocks, but a few people I know have used them to great effect, You can get them on offer at lloyds chemist I think, Very very good.

I get Hay fever too :eusa_think:

Over the years I have tried nearly every thing going.

The best tablets I have found are 10 mg 'Loratadine', most supermarkets do their own branded version and they are a 1 tablet a day and are labelled as 'Non-drowsy', They are currently £1 for 14 in Tesco’s, I generally back the tablet up with a nasal spray for the days that are particularly bad,

Cool tommy you'll look a proper part of the next mad max movie,just hope it works for the hayfever

thanks DT I hope it works I'm past caring what I look like lol

You get hayfever cause the pollen count in the air is higher during the summer months.

Taking thses basically puts pollen into your system and in turn the hayfever doesn't bother you anymore.

You have 60 days to try them out and then if they haven't worked for you they will give you your money back.

My brother use's them all the time

going to do a bit of research on these pat I'll let you know how I get on thanks for the tip

Have you tried the infrared things that you bung up your nose a few minutes a day? I thought it was bollocks, but a few people I know have used them to great effect, You can get them on offer at lloyds chemist I think, Very very good.

never heard of this and I ain't going to the chemist to ask for them in case its a wind up think i'll google it thanks

I get Hay fever too :eusa_think:

Over the years I have tried nearly every thing going.

The best tablets I have found are 10 mg 'Loratadine', most supermarkets do their own branded version and they are a 1 tablet a day and are labelled as 'Non-drowsy', They are currently £1 for 14 in Tesco’s, I generally back the tablet up with a nasal spray for the days that are particularly bad,

been doing exact same thing and they have worked fine for the last 3 years or so but this year hardly any relief at all while out on the bike, got something to do with the cold spring I heard on the TV

So ive heard if you buy honey thats made by a local bee farmer (local to you that is) and you eat that the pollen thats in there helps to build up your emuine system to pollen. Also Quills eggs have antihistamines in them and again helps with hayfever.

Ive got a tiny bit of hay fever just get itchy eyes and a sneeze or two so just take a peretinze pill in the morning and im fine. feel sorry for you guys that get it bad as i know it pisses me off

So ive heard if you buy honey thats made by a local bee farmer (local to you that is) and you eat that the pollen thats in there helps to build up your emuine system to pollen. Also Quills eggs have antihistamines in them and again helps with hayfever.

Ive got a tiny bit of hay fever just get itchy eyes and a sneeze or two so just take a peretinze pill in the morning and im fine. feel sorry for you guys that get it bad as i know it pisses me off

thanks Noise I have heard about the local honey theory but my hayfever gets worse when I'm not local like when i'm out for the day on my bike so I would have to pre order honey from place's I plan to visit and all the place in between. Man that's a lot of honey, I do have suger puffs for breakfast lol "tell em about the honey mummy"

quills eggs thats a new one on me cheers

Yer i see what you mean, that is a ship loads of honey, but with regards to sugar puffs i will google it for you lol.

Yer the Quills egg one was new to me only a few days ago as there is a chap i work with who lays them (not him litrally he has quills to do that) and yer, have that stuff in it to help hay fever-ers

well I received my mask yesterday and gave it a go today, very impressed so far, forgot I had it on once on the move considering how hot it was today I thought I'd be putting it in the bin after 5 mins but its quite comfortable & it works! don't know how long it will work for,the manufacturer say's 6 month's and new filter is only £3.50. Still need to trail it more but so far so good

• 1 year later...

A little late in the day as thread ended quite a while ago, but to help with the stinging eyes from hayfever (as normally your eyes are alot more itchy after riding with the visor up, as the pollen is rammed directly into your eyes with the wind), try wearing sports sunglasses with a slight yellowy/brown tint. 

I wear Oakley iridium lenses, and find the fit helps to keep the pollen from out of my eyes. 

Also another weird observation, I suffer more when I have a 100% none tinted visor, than I do when I wear my black tint. 

No worries. So am I in this heat. 

Felt like i ke I was dying the other day when I forgot my tablets 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online