I am looking for a job in the bike industry

Andy s
This post is 6657 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i am looking for a job within the motorcycle industry and have been buying/repairing and selling motorbikes as a hobby for the last 15 years and would like to turn this into a full time career move if possible, anything considered within a 15-20 mile radius of J29 of the M1 motorway. Many thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I can totally relate there Andy ;)

Back in the summer of '98, I landed a job @ a local bike shop that I've been patronizing for @ least 15 years.

Being a life-long Artist, I was originally hired to do a paintjob on the side of the building, which I completed (by hand) from a 4" decal for a template......the completed product ended up being 17ft. in diameter......on lapped siding! :blink: The owner was so impressed, he hired me to do tire & detailing work on all used bikes.

I absolutely Loved it! :wub: ....got to turn spanners on all sorts of machines. B)

But alas, reality caught up with me, & I had to go back to Drafting.... due to only half the hourly rate of pay that I normally was getting being a Drafter (which I still am employed as ;) )

But there definitely is something to be said for getting paid for doing something that I'm so passionate about. B)

I say Go For It!.....& the best of luck to ya mate. :)

I'd also look at eBay - Parting out bikes and selling parts - or restoring and selling bikes. I know several folks who have started business on ebay - and have been able to shift their careers once they got started! Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi i am looking for a job within the motorcycle industry and have been buying/repairing and selling motorbikes as a hobby for the last 15 years and would like to turn this into a full time career move if possible, anything considered within a 15-20 mile radius of J29 of the M1 motorway. Many thanks.

Andy big John here bud. I live in Fareham mate. Let me know what area you are from and I will keep my ears open for you bud. I have some contacts in the bike trade...

PM me with the area you are from.....

Big John...

Thanks for the reply mate, i live in a place called shirebrook near mansfield in nottinghamshire in the NG20 post area mate.

Hi ya Andy bud. Sorry mate I misread your last statement about where you live and misread the motor way junction I thought you said the m27 but you didn't my fault...

There are jobs down this way but you would have to live here you know...

Can't help mate but if I do hear of anything up that way I will tell you but very unlikely mate with me living down here you know what I mean bud...

Big John... <_<

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online