Biker hit and run

obriens65
This post is 3933 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having witnessed a hit and run on the M1 a few years back, I can tell you now the last thing anyone was doing was taking down the licence number. Car make / model, colour and details of what happened weren't an issue to recall.

Everyone who wasn't involved instinctively rushed to stop traffic and help the two cars they wiped out.

Can you honestly say that you'd have time to read (and remember) a plate when you think of what would have been going on around you? A group of screaming & speeding bikes, the screams from other witnesses, and the actual shock of seeing some poor kid getting hit. More importantly the disbelief of it - hardly an everyday occurrence, which would make it hard to process at speed. Total mayhem.

Plus as someone else said, doubt they even had plates on, illegal, underage swines. Here's hoping one of them comes to their senses and the girl is ok.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

From the Daily Mail website:

Describing the split seconds after the impact, the mother-of-one, 20, told the Mail Online: 'They just came out of nowhere. They were going so fast. They probably thought we would be able to get out of their way', she said.

'Olivia startled. So did I. I tried grabbing Olivia but she ended up going backwards. They missed me and hit Olivia. She went flying sideways.

'I thought this could be fatal. I went into shock. She was laying on her belly crying. I saw Olivia screaming and trying to drag herself off the road, shouting mummy. I grabbed her and cuddled her.'

Olivia was airlifted to Sheffield Children's Hospital suffering with fractured skull as well as cuts and bruises.

Ms Pollard added: 'Every time I look at my daughter it breaks my heart. To think that people could do that to her and then drive off while she lies bleeding in the road makes me sick.

'She almost went under the wheel of one of the bikes but the speed they'd hit her meant that she bounced off and was flung a few feet down the road. She landed head first.

'I ran up to her and as I held her, a lad on one of the other motorcycles looked right into my eyes.

'I begged him to stay and help me and he just drove off with the other two.

'They could see that Olivia was seriously hurt because she was covered in blood and still they did nothing to try and help.

Appealing directly to the motorcyclists' conscience, she urged the trio to hand themselves in to police, saying they had 'put my little girl through hell'.

'None of them stopped. They didn't even pause to see if she was alright.

it's no use appealing to their conscience, they obviously don't have one or they would have stopped in the first place.

fortunately this prick near me did stop (not of his own accord) and he may if he lives, learn the error of his ways.

how can pricks like this be stopped in the first place though? answers on a post card please.

Exactly what Bippo said.

If someone knows these shit sucker scum and doesn't shop them they're just as bad in my view

This is COMPLETELY the fault of the twats on the bikes period. I have no idea why any one thinks different??? I hope the little girl makes a full recovery and those on the bikes get the book thrown at them.

Well that statement has got to be wrong as they stated he had suffered bruising of the brain....he obviously hadn't got one! I hope the cager was ok though.

she lives next door to me , she's fine.

fortunately she didn't have her two children in the car , as she was on her way home from work.

but the tosser on the bike , lives / lived around the corner with three kids and a wife,

he's 25 and held a good job, in fact he was working on the same site as my own lad. he should be looking after his family and setting a good example not being a prick.

well , like i said ,at least he got his comeuppance .

Mike I wasn't having a go at Lallasro just pointing out that there was more to the story than the article, never meant any harm in this sorry if you thought I was having a pop at him. As up.yours says the dipshits deserve what they get can't feel sorry for anyone who rides a bike and has no helmet.

Mike I wasn't having a go at Lallasro just pointing out that there was more to the story than the article, never meant any harm in this sorry if you thought I was having a pop at him. As up.yours says the dipshits deserve what they get can't feel sorry for anyone who rides a bike and has no helmet.

Point taken Slice,

My father in law was knocked off his bike in a hit & run. It made the local news and everything - "Police are appealing for witnesses", that sort of thing.

It worked as well - the driver was shopped by his own girlfriend who recognised the description of the car, went and looked in the garage, and saw his car still with the scrapes down the side.

I forget for how long, but he was sent down for it - and I doubt his girlfriend would be waiting for him when he came out. Justice is indeed poetic sometimes.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online