Statistics

iandouglas
This post is 3923 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

probably because its car drivers that cause most motorbike accidents.

will stop riding when they prise the keys from my cold dead hands (natural death i hope)

75 times?

It was only 12 last year!!

I've been riding bikes for four years, only had one accident which was dropping my DT50 on the ice.

Been driving for 3 years, have had 3 accidents (1 was my fault, slid into a parked car in the snow last year)

I think they are lieing to us :/

must admit the stats do worry me,

sooner or later there's that character out there we are likely to come across

who hasn't had enough sleep, needs new glasses or simply isn't paying attention being on the phone or changing a cd...

What would make you give up biking?

Death, disability or too old to ride only.

I have got 37 years of biking in, so far. They haven't got me properly yet and I would have missed all of that if I decided that biking was too dangerous. I smoke too so I am trying to give the Grim Reaper the best possible odds I can.

Nothing will ever stop me from riding if I can't hold up 2 wheels then I will build a trike or strap on a side car. Not exactly the same but close enough.

As far a stats they don't hold much weight for me,once hear that your more likely to get hit by a buss than die in a plane crash, so does this mean if you never fly in a plane you will never get hit by a bus :question:

• Like 1

When I'm too old and feeble to swing my leg over the saddle I might consider giving up the bike. Or I might get one with a lower seat.

had a horrendous accident last year

3 months later another bike bought

had a major accident a lot of years ago

road home on the back of a bike from hospital

only one thing will ever stop me from riding bikes

and thats the long sleep lol

Thames Valley - 19% were bikers, 56% were cagers.