Noob from Aberdeen!

This post is 3923 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, just got my bike last night, CBT Monday so not ridden it on road yet! Looking forward to it, killing me seeing it there!! Looking forward to learning about biking, Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks guys, got a ybr 125 2009 1400 miles got it for 1200, chuffed! Two lady owners, only prob chain a bit rusty

Welcome frosty " :frosty: Some good rides up your way , head to Braemar it a bike haven... :jossun:

• Like 1

only prob chain a bit rusty

Hi, and welcome Fd, get some chain lube/oil/wax and it will be OK.

• Like 1

:welcome: Good luck with the CBT.

Cheers, I'll go get some grease and have a go. It's due service and mot September so I'll try that for now. Looking forward to getting out the road to deeside, I love in the sticks, kintore so will be learning out where it's fairly quiet. Looking forward to reading the forum properly, I'm on the Subaru (forester xt) quite a lot. Trying to upgrade my membership now cheers everyone

I love in the sticks,

I hope you mean live Fd :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Lol eh yeah live! Had a bit of a practice in garden tonight, loving first gear yep Defo noob lol

• Like 1

I learned to ride my first motorbike in the garden, my dad said he would teach me when he got home from work, but I couldn't wait

by the time he got home i'd been round the estate (council Estate) different back then just had to strap your L plates on and away you go.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, cbt was ace! The morning started off with just myself doing cbt, 2 other guys doing Direct Access. I had a Chinese bike Lexmoto (Indiana?) cruiser, totally changed my opinion on them. Felt great, built up my confidence slowly, gradually going through the gears before hitting the road. I felt the instructor Andy built me up, knocked me down (figuratively) built me up again so forth...then the time came for the open road. I felt pretty at ease, my main criticism was snappy clutch, letting out too quick and looking down (the bike had which gear selected) which was of great importance to me apparently and got me into lots of trouble!! Anyways, had a good 90 or so minutes until we finished and I got broken down further....then after all

That I got told I'd passed and to go on home and practice. So, all in all was a little bewildered, no major incidents and I went and got my new gear, boots helmet bottoms, gloves etc. chuffed, was knackered, wanted to leave the biking but tried on gear to show the Missus and found myself out on my bike for one more ride The YBR felt quite different, probably down to having a lot less experience on it, found myself stalling a couple of times and having a job going from first to second, kept hitting neutral?!! Anyways, off tomorrow too so

Will get more practice in then. Then we have the small matter of dual carriageway to deal with to get to work!!! A bit of a novel but the vodka cokes are kicking In at last,

• Like 1

Well done. Take some time getting your confidence on the YBR. Now you've passed your CBT you can relax and start learning how to ride a bike.

• Like 1

Fair play to ya Frosty, well done.

Take care till ya get used of your own bike,

mabey stay on the quiet roads till then

the YBR seems to have a funny gearbox, so if your hitting neutral alot dont worry. From first to second, give the leaver a good firm lift when changing up

• Like 1

There's a really small space between the peg and gear, I wonder if its adjustable? Two lady owners, maybe been adjusted? Defo feels like there's not enough room to get toe up and under. Hmm, so double click up maybe?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online