Project scoot

mucker1983
This post is 3909 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well here it is my first project thread. Im going to be fixing up a 50cc Generic XOR competition for my step son to get him into biking. and as its his 16th coming up. Hope you guys (and girls) will enjoy.

He she was as i bought her £185 not running, missing a battery, no mot, no tax, and looking a little battered and bruised.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right well quick update new battery fitted new spark plug and cap fitted. Had a load of trouble trying to start her tracked it down to the starter switch. Took that apart cleaned the contact point and success! Next problem is starter motor seems seized and poss the carb needs a good clean as it has been sat a while and when i kick start it it revs normal then revs high then cuts out.

I couldn't get the scoot to work through the starter, turns out you have to apply the front brake first :eusa_doh:

Well done for getting it going again mate, keep it up!

If the solenoid is clicking then it should be fine.

If you wanted to try it just connect the two external terminals on the solenoid (very carefully) with a screwdriver or something that will conduct and then try to start it as normal. Just a way to bypass the solenoid to see if that's your problem. Wear rubber gloves :D

Mind the sparks...

Right not had alot of time to do too much as have been out in the sun on my dt :headbang: so only have got a couple of bits done this week.

new grips and replacement lever the old rear brake was snapped.

New mirrors and after a little hassle the adapters for the threads too.

And finally some new rubber turned up today ready to be fitted.

Anyone know if these have to be balanced when fitted? :eusa_think: