pedguy
This post is 3950 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

with ignition on and i manuely open points should i get a spark,or if i turn the big round thing i can see them open and shut should thay spark then,do thay have some sort of power supply to them.

cant get my spark plug to spark.dt 80 mx 1981 (in projects).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

With the key thing on, turning the big round thing should create a spark across the little pincer things.

If you leave them closed and open them with a small screwdriver they should spark.

With the key thing on, turning the big round thing should create a spark across the little pincer things.

If you leave them closed and open them with a small screwdriver they should spark.

yea im not getting a spark when i open the points

Check that you have voltage at the points then,if you have battery voltage, if no battery then you need to check you charge coils..

More info would help did it run before ?

yes it did run before i touched it.as far as i can tell i have no power going into the points,i have power going into the recifier but nothing coming out that lead then runs into the points.but this run before and it had no wiring loom in it and no battery,just a lead running from start stop switch to coil,im going to remove flywheel for a better look.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online