ebay bidding

iandouglas
This post is 3946 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the app I use is free.

Yes you bid you buy but the fuckwits at ebay are toothless tigers if you win summat and the fuckwit selling decides it has bot made enough money and will not let you have it, I won a car fair and square once, put in my bid in the last few seconds, asked when i could come and fetch it , just to be told it was already sold to someone else, they had been cancelling bids because it was sold but di not have time to cancel mine, so i told them sory you better get it back pronto it is mine now, after 2 or 3 mails threatning them with breach of contract etc they said om you can have it but they wanted £1500 more than the finish price , told them no the auction was binding etc, reported the to ebay just to be told that there was nothing they would do , so i pointed out there rules and was told they are worthless, they would send a warning to the seller and that was all,

goofbid has loads of useful tolls for free , snioer, wrong spellin g search , etc etc http://www.goofbid.com/

bad luck

I'm now the owner of a hideous EU mitlitary style leather motorbike jacket,

what possessed me, I don't know,

I blame work getting me depressed and the sad effort to cheer myself up,

well it can't possibly be my fault can it, got to blame somebody.

It hasn't actually arrived yet,

maybe it will be Ok,

maybe I'll love it, who knows,

one thing, its a bit different :spin2:

Bad luck Ian.

But for my own self-gratification (for want of a better phrase) - PLEASSSSEEEE do share a photo of this jacket...!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's now intrigued.

Alternatively, draw us up one of your great little cartoons.

awe thanks bippo - i did think of posting a picture but those cunning types at ebay have devised some kind of clever arrangement that won't allow the picture to be copied and posted on here

rather a weird throw back design and i'd guess east germany to be the original place of use - it said it was heavy in the description, i'll look out for the postwoman staggering towards our house.

wonder why nobody else was bidding........ :spin2:

just lost out on some boots, this ebay stuff is addictive

• Like 1

Ian, That will be fine once you treat it with some leather care, for one thing it won't fall off will it, got enough belts and buckles to satisfy the most hardened S&M merchant. Seriously tho most of this type of jacket will be made to last and it will keep you warm as well. A good buy if you don't mind my saying, you could have done a lot worse.

thanks - it was £25 and £8 p & p no doubt on account of its colossal weight

hasn't arrived yet, I think the receipt said by 6/7/13, I don't really need it tbh

impulse buy I guess at a moment of weakness, also same with some boots

the wife and girls have masses of coats and shoes/boots - their influence!

:spin2:

jacket came today (early)

I'm pleasantly surprised

it came wrapped in a carrier bag (iceland) which was, apprpriately, wrapped in a bin bag

smells stale, like clothes do from an army surplus store so its down in the shed hung up for an airing as my mrs pulled a face when it was opened

it fits inside my existing leather jacket which what i was trying to achieve,

i know that sounds odd

got the idea off a couple of my brothers biker mates and it works quite well, so far so good,

wait until I'm certain of all zips before postting ' I'm happy' which the seller wants me to do

will give it a going over with leather care treatment as neversaydye suggested :spin2:

PS going on a group ride tomorrow evening, i'll see what the others think, whether I get shunned etc.

there always seems to be two factions on these dos, the rich guys with their big expensive machines and the young lads with a leaning towards racing type bikes

I normally end up with the minority odds and sods that don't fit either category but there's often a good sort amongst them.

latest turn of events is that I found, this morning, that I had bought another motobike jacket

nn4bgk.jpg

this one is a bit nicer but was more expensive -

somehow I got confused and thought I got outbid on this one

still, you can't have too many bike jackets can you -

I'd like to think that I live and learn but still seem to make mistakes :spin2:

This eBay thing is a worry, I shall lay off after the latest round of orders

It starts with a jacket, then maybe the odd DT, then before you know it you're dragging a japanese sports car out of a barn.

Ebay is wonderfull yet dangerously addictive...

Ian - call me a Retro idiot if you like..........but I seriously LIKE that first jacket you bought!!!!!

If you really cannot learn to live with it, tip me the wink and I will relieve you of it and settle you back to square one cash-wise!!!!

Would be perfect for riding my classics that would!!!!!!

Cheers

CT

cheers CT thanks :spin2:

Re: It starts with a jacket, then maybe the odd DT, then before you know it you're dragging a japanese sports car out of a barn.

the ultimate control is SWMBO

very difficult to explain these things to the wife, just hope the second jacket arrives when she is at work so I can get it down the shed quick.