ebay bidding

iandouglas
This post is 3946 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

can anybody help please?

just missed a pair of second hand boots because i was too slow to make/confirm a last seconds bid -

how late do you leave it/or is it better to shove a bid in and risk somebody beating you in the last seconds?

I'm new to this stuff but I've seen something else and don't want to mess up second time round..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ian " make your mind up what you are willing to pay,[ limit] then bang in that amount 2 mins before end, remember to sign in, as you"l not have time to do both , av lost out like that, was watching item- tried to bid - then sign in page appears, dam,, :bs:

mmmmmmmm tricky one this Ian I'm a bit of a cynic and like you prefer to wait till the dying seconds I usually go around the 8 second mark and put in the max you would pay then if you get it cheaper, bonus!! if you don't get it, it was too expensive anyway

thanks guys, yes I had set a limit, that part was Ok ta, two mins seems a bit early if you don't mind me saying as it may leave the gate open to be gazumped, 8 secs sounds kind of right, i left it to 4 and lost out.Maybe I should do both? don't know..

10 seconds, splash in a bid, by the time the page has loaded and everything im probably down to about 5 seconds

by that time, the person you've outbid (assuming they have put on less than you) has no time to place a counter-bid

another good point is add a couple of pence on the end of your bid, that way if someone else bids same around same time as you, you win!!

Unless the guy has set a higher max bid, and runs a program to bid for him. I will put in the most I'm willing to pay including the p&p and then just leave it. If I win, I win..if not ah well

Just get trashed like Foamy usually does. You can guarantee a win then. Of course, you won't know until the morning what you've won, and how generous you were feeling...

• Like 1

Just get trashed like Foamy usually does. You can guarantee a win then. Of course, you won't know until the morning what you've won, and how generous you were feeling...

Its true -.-

chances are i've put drunk bids on everything from french letters to flying saucers

once you've bid your tied in unless the post is misleading, when I first went on ebay I bid on what I thought was a camera,

then I realized it was just a manual, I put a complaint in to ebay and they cancelled the listing. I was lucky cos I had bid £90

sometime's if you contact the seller you can ask them to cancel a bid I think.

bidding is legally binding (in a nutshell, if you win it, its yours).

However if you win something and circumstances change (your car fails its MOT/your trailer gets nicked) the seller may be able to cancel the transaction and a refund will be issued to both parties.

likewise, my brother bid on a dodge ram van, described as "very good condition with a few rust spots", after a 300 mile trip with a trailer he found the pillars were full of filler, body was rotten, bottoms had rotten out of the doors and the engine was misfiring, so he came home another 300 miles with an empty trailer, filed a case on ebay and they refunded him the full amount including deposit

I use an app that bids for me at 3 seconds. Doesent help if its over my limit but it does mean you dont show out early and drive up the price.

re:-

I use an app that bids for me at 3 seconds. Doesent help if its over my limit but it does mean you dont show out early and drive up the price

that's clever

now then

but, in the past,

before you had that,

what if you see, say a leather motorbike jacket and maybe it had a day to go

so maybe you put a bid in

then, you see a cheaper better bid

can you withdraw the bid for the first jacket please?

can't see a way to do it myself.

As above NO you bid you buy, unless the seller is willing to say forget it. Sorry Ian just the way it is. Also a lot of people use "SNIPING" software to buy stuff, auto bids up to their max and you don't have to do anything just bid what you think it's worth and sit back and wait to see if you win.

Automating your bidding is the way to go.

There is no need at all to place a bid as the auction is running as all this does is encourage others to bid higher.

If you register at www.auctionsniper.com all you need to do is enter the Ebay auction number your looking at, enter the maximum price you're willing to bid, then set the number of seconds before the auction end that you wish to place your automated bid (8 secs works well)

The Auctionsniper does the rest for you.

Your bid goes on at a time that no-one can place a higher bid and as long as your bid is higher than the previous highest one, you win!

Also the automated bid will be of an amount which is the next increment up from the previous highest, just as a manual bid is.

I use this for everything I bid on, and have done for a number of years now, with no problems.

There is a small charge for each Sniped bid (a few US cents) which is paid by Paypal.

If you've ever lost an item in the dying few seconds of the auction then its likely you've been beaten by an automated snipe.

Nows your chance to Snipe back!! :)

Works for me!!

V.