XJ900F - getting a new home

IKE
This post is 2772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ike the only way I found to get around it is by ignoring the 'choose files' part and going down the 'insert other media' then 'insert image from url' This url I have already copied from my photobucket account (suppose other photohosting sites are availableSSThistlegorm_zps5d71e6a6.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OK, thanks Jimmy - I'll give that a go.

IMG]IMG]Hi Jimmy, tried via Photoshop but although it goes through the motions the image doesn't appear. I use an iPad and have just upgraded to ios9 so there might be something needs tweaking in there. 

Earlier readers may remember that I was having a problem with  multi-coats of lacquer on the final drive hub, so here's an update...
I slapped on some Nitromores then used a plastic scraper to remove the bubbled up lacquer (Health & Safety precautions - blah blah blah). I used one of those black nylon scrubbing/scouring pads lubricated with WD40 to remove the dried excess on the large flat areas. This worked well but I needed to use my Dremmel to get into those tight corners. I bought a couple of Dremmel scouring wheels (2 in a pack for around £5) but these were soon worn out so I sourced a pack of 40 from Hong Kong for around £10. These wore out just as quickly but at least I had a large stock of them. As the grunge was removed, I saw that there were lots of spanner/hammer dings so I decided that a mirror finish would not be possible without removing a fair amount of alluminium. A final clean with some alloy cleaner and a buff up seems to have produced an acceptable finish.
IMG]

c713cc5912fa918fc455f294d7e58eeb_zpsjgml

7b77c57b3ed1569b80dc398bd86fb76a_zpsi91t

• Like 2

That looks great Ike, hard to clean and polish as those little bumps lumps and edges are a pain to get at, well done you on your perseverance.

IMG]Thanks Slice, next job is to fit the hub to the swinging arm and then get the rear wheel on.

Thanks Kev. Progress is slow but great fun and, hopefully, I'm saving this old girl from the breakers yard.IMG]

Thanks Kev. Progress is slow but great fun and, hopefully, I'm saving this old girl from the breakers yard.IMG]

whats with the image tags Ike?

No idea Drewpy. They have just appeared with my last photos and seem to go with all my posts now. I can't even edit and delete them away. I think I have followed the normal procedure to post images - after an earlier "senior moment", but not sure what's causing these. I've updated my iPad to iOS 9 so there might be a bug in there somewhere. 

Edited by IKE
Managed to remove one!
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone, here's an update of my progress this summer. I know it's slow but I'm also building a dry-stone wall and deep into other DIY stuff.

Anyway, I've now got the swinging arm (new bearings), rear suspension, steering head (new bearings) and both wheels (new oil seals) all fitted and she is standing on her wheels again.

Next jobs on the list are grinding in the valves and rebuilding the rear brake callipers and system.

0e5f3b618dedc1e97c236a12c7dd35e3_zpspv3w

• Like 1

sweet mate well done you! No where near the end but a good start.

Thanks Slice. The way I see it is "every job done is one less to do" ha ha.

• Like 3

Now this is what I keep telling my mate he needs to do to his XJ!!  

Cracking job buddy she's gunna look fab when finished