xvs950a accesories

lallasro
This post is 3585 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi new to the 950 but have had customs before.

On the subject of screen. I got a quick release with my bike, not being a lover of them its on Ebay at the moment.

But to my point, if buffeting is a problem there are small adjustable deflectors you can fit at the top of the screen that allow you to get better airflow.

Second question. My footboard seem to close. I have looked at the extenders you can buy and seems to me you could do it yourself pretty easy. Was thinking along the lines of taking the boards off at the bolts on the frame and making a template with ply so I can simply position it where I want and drill easy. Then using this to make steel plates. Would it be that easy (shifting rod and brake pipes aside)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just fit and test the windshield.

I had the chance today to test the windshields in all condition. sun, heavy rain, fog. so...

good things: now the earplugs are not a must, I can hear my engine at all speeds. my head stay on his place at 80+ m/h.. you still take the wind in the up side of helmet but nothing bad. you can see through it clearly (that help you a lot if the road is going downhill.

I had problems with vizibility when i`m looking through the shield with rain and fog but not just with rain or just fog.

bad things: still don`t find something bad but i will update this section when i found something :))

how i say in a older post i chose for a menphis shade and quick mount system. take me some like 30-40 min to fit and this is because I never do this before lol. If I need fit again this shield I guess will take me some like 10 min. I can`t say i`m a big fan of this windshield because I ride just 2 h but. how the things its starting, is a win for me and my bike ;)

P.S. friday i`m going in scottland where Ttaskmaster recommend me so, lot of miles to test the windshield :D

l0pe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TA RAAAAA!

d34c.jpg

q97k.jpg

es6q.jpg

ztgg.jpg

zraz.jpg

take me some like 1h to fit the saddlebags. was a bit hard because I have no tools to make the corect size holes so i use a soldering gun (I think this is the name for that tool used to mount electronic circuits, wires etc)

when I buy these saddlebags I was sure i need to reinforce the inside with fiberglass resin but now i`m not sure about this. is plastic but is strong enough. i think i will have no problem with the saddlebags. 35L x2 the bigger I found on the market to fit on my xvs 950A.

including the mountkit, cost me 308 pounds, free shiping and this is the item

is not genuine but WTF?! a genuine yamaha hard saddlebag including mount kit is over 900 pounds and have just 18,5L x 2

I need to make some tests on the road now to see if I need saddlebag stabilizer

Looks good :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...

just order the rear lowering kit. i can`t wait to fit this :D

again I was forced to buy from US, noone sell the kit in UK.

the cost was 40 pounds + 10 pounds shipping. not so bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I was very happy when I buy the saddlebags but after 1 month I put inside some like 2-3 kg in every case, take 3-4 humps on asda with 15 m/h the "durable ABS plastic"cracked :)

j2pm.jpg
I know, you normally get the quality what you pay, but in this case, the quality is some like 30 pounds, not 300.. so... return, get my money back from BS-motoparts. they also pay for return.
now will be a bit hard to find some nice hard saddlebags. those has really nice looking and fit perfect my bike but with no reinforcement, is useless... and I will not pay 1000 pounds for these crap genuine yamaha saddlebags. i`m still looking for options.
I was thinking to reinforce the ABS with fiberglass resin but I read somewhere is not a good idea because at 0 celsius degrees the fiberglass can lose the (cant find the right word... something like soldering) with the plastic. I think 2 big steel plates inside and outside the case, in the place where is the mounting holes can solve the problem but i`m not sure, so I stay away a bit from ABS plastics :)

yeah, and I really like this custom tribal paint :)

One good thing about the Yamaha saddlebags is the mounting hardware, they support the bags from underneath as well as the side. If you keep an eye out on US ebay you sometimes can pick them up cheap - I got my 1300 ones from there for about £550 delivered

My answer to the saddlebag issue was found in the Hepco & Becker catalogue (they also have photos of the 950 with saddlebags). The below cost me £747 all in from a UK supplier (motobins). It really depends on what look you want for your bike. If you like leather then the good thing about mine is that the bags themselves are lockable and also lock onto the bike using the same key. If you want to go touring you can take off the bags with one key turn and take them into your room. Obviously with hard cases they won't come off the bike so are secure but you would also need to use an inside bag to be able to remove things from the bike easily which will waist space.

IMG_1124_zps767edf8e.jpg

IMG_1121_zps5d1a1d17.jpg

Lastest catalogue (read at your own risk) http://neu.hepco-becker.de/Downloads/Englisch_2013.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...