Has any one ever had a Yamaha 600 Thundercat

paul-666
This post is 3963 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has any one ever had a Yamaha 600 Thundercat and what do you think of them ?

The only reason I asked is when I asked the wife what she liked and all the bikes I liked she didn't lol she likes the look of a Kawasaki zx7 but I think I would have to be riding a bit longer for one of those ! but I do look the look of the Thundercat and I have had a look online and from what I could find it looks a pretty good bike but they aren't brand new which I'm not bothered about and there reasonably price at about a grand and a half for a decent looking bike, and if I dropped it I wouldn't cry as much as dropping a brand new bike which would be a fair few more grand and a trip to the body shop instead of me fixing a cheaper bike.

What would I have to watch out for when buying a Thundercat ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A split cases job no doubt.

not a job for a noob then lol

So if the thundercat has a crap gearbox what other bikes along the same lines do Yamaha do in a 600cc-750 cc that wont break the bank second hand as I'm only wanting to spend about £1500-£2000 for my first big bike

Yamaha XJ... Bulletproof bikes tbh, predivs are faster and can be had for about £500

Near enough everything on those bikes you can do yourself, parts are cheap, good on fuel and comfortable to ride :)

Yamaha XJ... Bulletproof bikes tbh, predivs are faster and can be had for about £500

Near enough everything on those bikes you can do yourself, parts are cheap, good on fuel and comfortable to ride :)

I'm looking them up :)

Look at mine (in garage) bought from a scrap heap, 7 months in bits and now been running for 3 years, usual problems are electrics, cos the wiring is OLD, but I get 65/70 to the gallon when I'm not being a twat plus they will just about go anywhere in any weather, parts are cheapish but getting more difficult to find as they slowly fail and people dismantle them, wheel bearings can go for no reason (that I can find) gearbox is clunky but never fails to go in with a good kicking, if you want posh then just don't!! if you want tough and indestructible you could do worse.

PS the MAXIM is the cruiser version (HA HA HA!!) I have one in my garage at the moment, just sold it to a guy who has paid but not turned up for it??? Nice looking bike comfortable and easy to repair same as SECA version slightly different running gear, smaller wheels and such but otherwise identical.

I like the Fazer Its finding a naked one as I'm no fan of the half faired look but I'm still looking for summit cheap and reliable, It dosen't need to be the fastest 600-750 in the world but it dose have to clime big hills I was hell bent on a Bandit but there getting more dear the brighter the sun gets then I liked the Yamaha fzx 750 ( baby v max) but finding on that's no 250 mile away is a problem