What do you do while you're stationary at lights or in traffic?

j0hn
This post is 3943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If I'm totally bored, and I'm at the lights beside a BMW driver (or similar) I get his attention, point vaguely at his front wing and then make totally random hand gestures while pointing as if its meant to be totally clear what I'm on about. Invariably he will mouth the word "wheel?" and mouth the word "flat?" like a goldfish chewing bubblegum. I then shake my head and hit the throttle as the lights go green. Tens points awarded if same driver is spotted in wing mirror immediately indicating to pull in.

Oh dear... Don't tease the cagers Mallory, most of them appear to be suicidal anyway!

Although I don't like to make a habit of it, was sat at some lights in the middle of town on the DT, sneezed and instinctively let go of the clutch to catch it (behind a full face helmet... Clever me), bike jumped forward and stalled, lights turn green, all my other mates roar off and I'm trying to get the fucker started in front if beeping traffic.

I usualy dont stop, i just keep slowly rooling up while watching lights and then away i go.

• Like 1

Sorry foamy. Me bad. But to be fair, its normally just BMW drivers. But I guess they're almost human too o_O.

Straight through to the front unless the arse in the white Insignia (you know who you are) closes the gap so I can't get through. Then just sit patiently intul the lights go red/amber. Then off like a scalded cat leaving all the cars behind.

Mallory they are NOT almost human their just the bit left over after all the good bit's have rotted away, you know the bit I mean, ARSEHOLE!!!!

good time to sort any itches or caught up clothing giving gip, try to remember to look out for nutter cyclists shooting throught to the front, take a dekko at the fat sod sitting in the car alongside, talk to another biker sometimes, if he's a miserable type just look at his bike critically, day dream, stamp my feet about a bit if pins and needles are beginning to set in, try and work ot how I'm pay for the last lot of bike repairs, think about the route ahead, wonder if I remembered to feed the dog....pointless looking for females, they are never interested.

With a crash hat on the ladies don't know you're old :eusa_whistle:

Hate sitting at the lights cos I feel like everyone's staring at me and watching whatever I'm doing - in reality no one probably even cares I'm there, but I guess it's just a self conscious thing! lol. So most of the time I do nothing, unless there's clothing adjustment to me made.

There's other occasions when I have to smile at the knob in the inadequate car that pulls up trying to squeeze me out, or the BMW that tries to block my path. As he softens when he realises I'm a female biker and moves out of the way, I then call him a wanker very loudly on my way past if his window is down :babyha:

• Like 1

Hate sitting at the lights cos I feel like everyone's staring at me and watching whatever I'm doing - in reality no one probably even cares I'm there, but I guess it's just a self conscious thing! lol. So most of the time I do nothing, unless there's clothing adjustment to me made.

There's other occasions when I have to smile at the knob in the inadequate car that pulls up trying to squeeze me out, or the BMW that tries to block my path. As he softens when he realises I'm a female biker and moves out of the way, I then call him a wanker very loudly on my way past if his window is down :babyha:

no SMS?! :D

I put my xvs in Neutral and tap out a tune on my tank like its a set of bongos and tap my feet allot of the time.

I've always wanted to play a quick game of rock-paper-scissors but haven't found a potential opponent, yet. Traffic lights here change way too fast to initiate a battle and the British mentality of minding our own business usually kicks in.

• Like 1

I've always wanted to play a quick game of rock-paper-scissors but haven't found a potential opponent, yet. Traffic lights here change way too fast to initiate a battle and the British mentality of minding our own business usually kicks in.

also it could look quite threatening if just chose someone at random and started doing the motions. :thumb:

• Like 1

My XJ6F is only two weeks old..so at the moment I sit proudly on my new ride :hyper:

(will put picture up soon)

I usually put the bike in neutral especially since like one of the previous replies, I had trouble being certain of neutral with my YBR.

I also try and look at the traffic lights of the crossing traffic flow and checking my mirrors for other bikes, ready to move forward and over a bit if they need more space.

Playing with main and sun visor too.

Finally...... the XJ6F produces a lot more heat than my YBR, so in the current weather I'm trying to sit up and away from the heat rising up from the front and wondering why an exhaust that outputs near my right leg is a good idea.

(looking forward to being nice and warm in the winter though :spin2:.

Nice question btw

I'd give you a game!