The Definitive AC-RD Piccie thread

YamaHead
This post is 6044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look a bit large :unsure:

I can't believe how many AC/RD's I've seen pics of from Japan, that have the 1-piece Daytona style Ram-Air head on 'em! :huh:

Hey Scott!

I came on here to look at the pic of the Brazilian 135 to compare with the pic you posted on the other site and found it on here too, made the comparison easie :D . A very pretty little bike indeed!

By the way, you posted a picture further up of a TZ lookalike which you described as a 'well known special', but it's not to me. Do you have any details please?

Cheers,

Andy

By the way, you posted a picture further up of a TZ lookalike which you described as a 'well known special', but it's not to me. Do you have any details please?

Cheers,

Andy

I recall seeing it on the AC/RD site awhile back.......Alan made a few compliments on it.....

I think it made an appearance @ Ashbourne a few years earlier :unsure:

All I know is that it has an early model LC swingarm & those lovely Allistar wheels B) .....also believe it has the Battery-Eliminator mod done to it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Now here's an AC with a twist :huh: ......

R5350lc.jpg

An R5 with a 350LC lump shoe-horned into it :headscratch:

It belongs to a guy in California that frequents the USA 2strokers forum.....which is Admin'd by the infamous ButtRider from the LC site :rolleyes:

Its nice to have a good 'auld chin wag' in here and see some stunning examples of classic RD's

I miss my 'weetabix' yellow 250E now (andy you said I would ..)

Non UK peeps references:

1.Weetabix is a UK breakfast cereal of many many years. The box cover is yamaha yellow hence the ref.I took the colour got t matched and saved a fortune in paint costs

2. Auld is scottish for 'old' and chin wag is 'talk'

Pete

I recall seeing it on the AC/RD site awhile back.......Alan made a few compliments on it.....

I think it made an appearance @ Ashbourne a few years earlier :unsure:

All I know is that it has an early model LC swingarm & those lovely Allistar wheels B) .....also believe it has the Battery-Eliminator mod done to it. ;)

Nice, but i think I'd be more confortable with a twin disc setup. Power yes, stopping ...maybe?

Pete :blink:

Nice, but i think I'd be more confortable with a twin disc setup. Power yes, stopping ...maybe?

Yeah....I think I woulda took that project a step further with the front end from an LC as well :huh:

Another Very Yellow 400 just in case RDly ever shows his face here again :unsure:

I believe he's still a Mod here? :headscratch: ......

YellowRD400.jpg

This was taken @ the Annual 2-Stroke Extravaganza Show put on by Moto-Carrera in Southern CA.

The DG radial-finned head is a nice touch. B)

Yellow is definately NOT my colour of choice (why do people like riding around on a daffodil?) but that is a seriously nice bike Scott.

As it was in Southern CA I assume you didn't take the pic and have no further details?

Cheers,

Andy

As it was in Southern CA I assume you didn't take the pic and have no further details?

Cheers,

Andy

You assumed correctly Sir!......It's another I found on Moto-Carrera's website. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found that Jap RD site I've been searching for......where there seems to be a fair amount of these B)

005.jpg

Looks like a Japanese version of the Daytona to me. ;)

Tidy looking 250 in the same bodywork. B)

20040502rd-survive_003.jpg

neat pics... that twin headlight tracker-esque model is one of the machines one motocarrera's website... it's a special you can order from them... wait time is like 6 months to 1 year. they have a much better street tracker... very much an inspiration for me... ha ha ha. kinda want that look, without the big square front plate, and something other than yellow. it's cool to see all these strokers cafe'd out. that is closer to their true form in my head. light, and fast....

as far as japan goes, it seems they're having a bit of a two-stroke fit over there. i have seen NEW chambers for the S3/KH400 on ebay coming from japan, and new sets can still be ordered and built there (more than i can say for over here... S3/KH400 chambers are rare as hell)...so it isn't surpsising to see a lot of nice RD examples coming out of the area. if you can find a forum, contact some of the guys in japan, and ask around, that is if communication isn't a barrier. might turn out some really snazzy results.

i had a decent pic of a 99% complete RD cafe... but it had no seat padding, but it looked pretty good.

• 1 year later...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online