The Definitive AC-RD Piccie thread

YamaHead
This post is 6070 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Cheers Merv,

I would never have ID'd the blue one as a UK bike with that colour scheme :o , the German bikes I have never seen before (aren't they nice :) )and Andy Mansell's I would have known but it wasn't there last night, just a red cross so maybe he had gone for a ride :D .

Scott, if I understand correctly Oceania seems to have always got it's own models of bikes (and cars) which sometimes vary quite a bit from other countries specs for no obvious reason.

Good thread this isn't it!

Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting how a manufacturer can pick & choose what styling goes to which part of the world.....

For example......A Japanese 250 with Daytona type styling :huh: .....

Clean250.jpg

Another one from the land of the Rising Sun that has NO kick starter!aa_3.gif.....

But it DOES have the Ram-Air 1-piece head though. B)

normal_rain2.jpg

well here's my old 400 at the moment, sat in the rain/snow as i've no room to work on it in the shed(divvie, gs500, rs250, cb200, xs400! and the gixxers on the road!!)

it's been getting a bit of a freshen up lately, new top end, back to standard airbox, keeping reed spacers and newlyn pipes, tapered headraces, metal front guard along with the micron fork brace its always had, swing arm bushes, lightly raised bars and its not comfy for me with the flat ones. raask rearsets(which i always had) 3/4 seat(which i like :P )

when it's all set up right, i'll get it all polished again and get a proper pic when it's not raining/snowing.

glad to get in to the comp for a bit, my hands are f'in freezing :rolleyes:

p.s the front end is just in place at the moment, not bolted up as i'm still working on it! real sorry for pic quaility, it's the best my phone can do in this weather/lighting

p.s the front end is just in place at the moment, not bolted up as i'm still working on it! real sorry for pic quaility, it's the best my phone can do in this weather/lighting

That explains the well placed jackstand :P

& I thought those rear-sets looked familiar.....got the same on mine ;)

Seein' a RD sitting out in the weather can almost make a grown man cry :(

I'm sure the difference of how it looks come this spring.....will be like night & day :)

Thanx for your input on this thread Alan........it has your name written all over it mate B)

Merv, Andy, Mattias......I wondered how long it would be before I saw my Yellow 1978 RD250E rebuild again

Is the AC forum dead then??

This is quiet......... :rolleyes:

Pete

Hey Pete

Good to see you here by the way it is not Matt from holland he is Yamahafreak, it is Scott from America yamahahead that started the thread. The aircooled forum is not ecxactly dead, But i missed Andy then found he was posting here so thought i would make a post on Scotts picture thread.

merv

Yep.....this has become a 2nd refuge for the AC/RD lads ;)

Great to see some familiar names around here :)

Of course this thread wouldn't be complete with a pic of this beaut......

PurpleACRD.jpg

Which I'm sure you guys know more about than I do ;)

Ac ouple i nicked form Nobby clarkes website( www.nobbyclarkracing.co.uk) i think one maybe Voycies, I have seen nobbys & Voycies in the flesh it has 350 barrels bored out too 375 and too many other mods too remember

index_02.jpg

index_01.jpg

merv

Just found this wonder if they both look so good now, She does not look too happy though

rd250.jpg

How about a young Alex (Herman Munster ) from the aircooled forum

Yes hes back

job_1.jpg

Edited by mervin

How about a young Alex (Herman Munster ) from the aircooled forum

Yes hes back

job_1.jpg

Coincidently....I just got an email today from the Hermanator ;)

It's great to see he's back! B) ....He's the guy who turned me onto this site ;)

I'll have to see if I can get him to make a long overdue appearance here sometime soon.

This thread wouldn't be complete without some input from the PIE-MEISTER ya know :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online