Fixed penalties to increase next month UK

mervin
This post is 3941 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just had the latest update from VOSA

Department for Transport have recently announced that fixed penalty levels are expected to increase from July 2013. The changes are being introduced following an extensive public consultation which took place in 2012 with the road safety groups and Police forces.

As well as affecting most motoring fixed penalties offences, graduated fixed penalties and financial deposits will also increase due to the changes. This will mainly affect commercial goods and passenger carrying vehicles, and includes offences like drivers’ hours and overloading.

The changes are as follows;

A £30 non-endorsable fine will rise to £50
A £60 endorsable and non-endorsable fine will rise to £100
A £120 endorsable and non-endorsable fine will rise to £200
A £200 endorsable and non-endorsable fine will rise to £300

It is also being proposed that the new legislation will increase the maximum amount of deposit requirement that can be taken at the roadside (Applies to non-UK vehicles). Penalty points will not change.

Most penalty levels have not changed since 2000 and these changes are intended to ensure that penalties reflect the seriousness of the offence and are consistent with the penalty levels in other areas of offending.

For more information about current fixed penalty levels please see VOSA’s Guide to Graduated Fixed Penalties and Financial Deposits

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-graduated-fixed-penalties-financial-deposits

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

But let me guess, they still cant afford to fix the potholes in hungerford?...

Ive heard you can claim for suspension and wheel damage due to potholes, wonder how they would respond if i sent them the bill for rebuilding a set of fireblade forks?... :eusa_think:

disgusting! :eusa_snooty:

Money grabbing CUNTS

Maybe were on different wavelengths here taff, but if you abide by the law this shouldn't affect anybody.

You ARE correct if you abide by any law you shouldn't be effected....... But i suspect that this is more about money then safety.

People get poorer = penalties go up AND 'vice versa' - it's a cycle of shite, and i sure as fuck don't agree with it.

Don't listen to their spiel about 'these changes are intended to ensure that penalties reflect the seriousness of the offence.'

How is this the case when they all go up in cost? Have all these offenses just got 'X' % more serious?

Not like this money will go into extra training or courses to improve how these offenders use their vehicle.

If i were a betting man i would say that as much of this money as possible will go towards blowing shit up in sandy countries....... :eusa_snooty:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online