dt 80 mx restoration

pedguy
This post is 3910 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well im nearly thier,every thing that had to be painted is back from the sprayers,new spokes fitted stainles steel getting tyres put on saturday,still missing chain gaurd but one will turn up im sure,just sorting out wiring loom,before it fit to bike 76de34f2-cc3d-40dd-b583-00130b6a4a85.jpg" />i must say it has cost me a small packet wheels came to a total of £390 spraying £180 head bearings £50 new cables

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

come on man you're missing the nice weather

this bike is for my front room it will not be going on the road,unless i get bored of lokking at it.

that rear brake arm is on upside down though.

but great job bud, if any of my bikes ever turn out half as good as that i will be a happy foamy :)

this thread takes me back...to before getting married when I would heave my GT380 up a ramp into the living room for winter maintenance, happy days :spin2:

incidentally that is one beautifully clean bike

yea im not married,

that rear brake arm is on upside down though.

but great job bud, if any of my bikes ever turn out half as good as that i will be a happy foamy :)

yea thanks did not think it was right.

well its nearly thier,waiting for gear lever got to fit throttle cable ,then sehs ready for front room,200620131224.jpg

• Like 1

Looks nice. :thumb:

:thud:

Still, better than having that money sat in a bank account earning 0.0001% interest, maybe in 20 years time the market for DTs will shoot up and a restored example like yours will be worth its weight in gold.

will strip out the wiring as it was for a 50 mx i have managed to get a brand new loom for a 80 mx,found a chain gaurd so will be all ready next week.