xs 250 exhaust flanges

combat41
This post is 3944 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone I am building a 1978 Yamaha xs 250 does anyone have a picture of how the half moon collects on the down pipes at the cylinder head with the exhaust flanges fit in many thanks

Combat41

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

no pictures, but the "rolled" edge fits inside the collar rebate and the flat part into the cyl head pushing on the downpipe flange. don't forget a new copper gasket (and take out the old one which is heavily disguised)

thats two either side of the down pipe btw

Many thanks I'll have a look

The xs 250 that i am doing i have disreguarded the 2 into 1 pipes that were on the bike originally as they were rotten, I have obtained a pair of downpipes from an xs 250 custom, These are a lot more robust and they have at the cylinder head end a collect fitted, do these still require the half moon collects as well ? I can supplly pic's

cheers, combat 41

The yam pipes have a welded block on the end of the pipe the collets are still needed though but they might be smaller due to the bulk of the block

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online