Foamys new toy! ^.^ (this time, it aint a bike... or a woman...)

wild foamy
This post is 3968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well peeps... whad'ya think? (on left), needs a bit of TLC, 2.0 V6 with tiptronic 'box, small water leak on top of radiator tank which i will seal up.

got it for £350, was going to split it for parts but i actually really like it :D, has automatic climate control, upgraded stereo with 10 stacker in the boot, spotless interior, no major rust underneath, there's a scab on the roof that needs rubbing down, filling and touching up and the passengers mirror doesnt fold in on the button

DSC_0114_zps1120be32.jpg

Its got more toys on it than my Kia! (on the right)... coincidently if anyone fancies buying a Kia Sportage on LPG... let me know ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Has it got the mivtex engine? And is it a manual? If it has both then when you come to sell it, it will be a piece of piss.

Fantastic car.

Its the Mivec but with the auto box :c hence why it was so cheap

but if you move the stick to the left it goes into a sort of semi-auto mode where you can flip up and down the gears

The new missus foamy has fucked off, so now I have another thing to waste time with after work :)

O and another thing that will boost the price, has it still got the Jap fire extinguisher and flare in the passenger foot well?

no :( not that i could see anyway.

some more piccies

IMG_00000216_zpsc1535c45.jpg

IMG_00000218_zps0ca139d7.jpg

IMG_00000221_zps1031211c.jpg

IMG_00000224_zpsccfeb4fe.jpg

IMG_00000225_zps7b8ee963.jpg

IMG_00000226_zps1243b100.jpg

IMG_00000227_zps25d5beae.jpg

spent a couple of hours this morning giving it a good hoover out/de-muck, there was a packet of wrigleys extra in the centre console that had some how turned to water and started a new life form, looking very nice though :), would ideally like to take the wheels off, shotblast them and repaint them in a nice shiny silver :)

Very nice! shame that the flare and that are missing, just to note, the hand brake cables on these jap cars are prone to snapping so take care when applying it.

gonna give it a quick respray then get it MOTd and park the kia up until i finish my course :).

also ive listed all my remaining DT50 bits so by next week i should be down to about 5 bikes, i think i may even split the DT Dakar project for parts as 1 DT is enough for me, and finding the rest of the dakar parts is going to be a pain in the ass... that will bring me down to 4 Bikes and maybe then i will actually get a project finished!

also, next weekend im going back to benson to pick up my old Mini, so will have to get to work on that aswell :)

oh dear... this is a problem...

paid £350 for the car, and the cheapest insurance quote i got is £2000...

looks like i will be breaking it for parts then :/

Dont brake it man! Whats wrong with it?

Well, needs a rust scab repairiing on the roof and ideally a respray, other than that its brilliant, i just cant insure it :(

Sell.it on mate, dont brake a good car like that

i dont think i can be arsed to break it anyway tbf, i had it in the workshop this morning and had the radiator out, epoxied the leak, took the central locking apart and made it work again,

if the SR goes next week and i get to clear out my backlog of DT50 parts which are on eBay i may have more of a chance of insuring it, im currently waiting for a call back from Sky Insurers (official insurer of the FTO Owners club) as they tend to do a lot of these so may have a better chance of getting insured on it, even if its £1500 im not too fussed but £2000 for a car i paid £350 for?, thats taking the piss. massively

My first car was a 1999 Honda prelude 2000 sport.

Bought it for £900 and insurance was £3500 third party F&T

I had been on the road for 4 years on bikes before as well but no insurance company would take it into account.

Epic car though!

When I was in Australia in 2009/2010 I had a ford falcon 5.7Ltr auto, and the insurance was $90 full comp lol

When I was in Australia in 2009/2010 I had a ford falcon 5.7Ltr auto, and the insurance was $90 full comp lol

My dad had the 4.0L falcon when he went to Oz back in about 2002, epic car for sure :).

May park the FTO up until next year, sort out the bodywork and other bits and pieces and instead crack on with the cafe racer project for squires, then once i get a years no claims and reach the magic age of 21 i may be able to insure it