Greetings and Salutations!

This post is 3968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, My names Neil and im a dragstarHolic!

I live in Kent with me wife and Ickle boy and 2 grumpy old sausage dogs. Ive been riding Motorbikes now for a number of years as my primary source of commute along the M20. I have recently purchased an old but low millage Dragstar650 which i am loving cruising around on (gave bandit up due to back problems) for work and leisure.

She has carried me through many a localised flood and even through a wild marauding Stag ( well it had antlers and it hurt like..... alot). Ive not had any real problems with her mainly the fuel cap falling to bits in the tank (yep that was funny), my paniers slipping over (badly installed) and melting on my exhaust, and i had to re-do the signal lamp connections. I have also got to replace the shaft drive spigot gaiter as it has perished so much it fell off whilst replacing my rear wheel.

All in all she been a good little beast, comfortable and reliable even while riding thorough the heart of last winter (probably the last time, getting to old for that).

Oh i like chinese food, old and new rock music, playing mmo games on the pc, taking the boy to the park (and flying my.... his kite). I have an excerllant sence of humour (hey i used to muck about with vw campers - you need it) and love going out for a beer and laugh.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the YOC Neil, now that's an INTRO!!!! :jossun:

PS I now have 2 Suzuki Bandit 400Ks so if I get stuck hope you can point me in the right direction? They are in need of a major rebuild.

Hi there people, thanks for the welcome. Bandit 400 very nice nippy bike, i have not seen that many of them around of recent. As for my 600 its a case of full strip and re-build (possibly new forks as seals dont last long on them so prob bent) or sell it but it needs alot of work as i bought it with a dodgy home job seat, cracked fairing clips, leaky oil cooler and pipework. arrgghh the list is endless.

Good intro, welcome to the nuthouse mate

Welcome to the forum Neil! Great intro - the the draggie's are lovely bikes, great choice!

hi & welcome to the forum Neil, excellent start keep up the good work,that sense of humour will come in handy on here!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online