S H E D S

iandouglas
This post is 3288 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Nice

I have gone for the insulation and lining. Still looking for a beer fridge and music player tho' so well done on that score

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This be my shed: (panoramic photo)

PANO_20130511_193237_zps184806b7.jpg

Planning on insulating the roof and walls soon. Need to make a ramp into it so I can ride the bike in a bit easier.

Got a vinyl player and speakers hooked up earlier!

tis bigger than my house!!

This be my shed: (panoramic photo)

PANO_20130511_193237_zps184806b7.jpg

Planning on insulating the roof and walls soon. Need to make a ramp into it so I can ride the bike in a bit easier.

Got a vinyl player and speakers hooked up earlier!

I could probably fit all 7 of my 'bikes' in there... :o

Nice

I have gone for the insulation and lining. Still looking for a beer fridge and music player tho' so well done on that score

What did you use for insulation? Beer fridge is a must have!

Certainly will drewpy hopefully it will knock a bit off the next bikes insurance....whenever that will happen is anyones guess though hahaha

Tommy your right a few of us passed about the same time and i do need to update the picture!

Getting more looks now without the L plates....but i'm sure some of the people that know a bit about bikes can see it's a smaller capacity engine

Waverley and it screw drive partner Balmoral still get here in the summer, in spite of one spat when they got banned by Lundy island for one of em buggering off and leaving a load of passengers there when the weather turned suddenly a few years ago, and they had to be put up on the is,and overnight and rescued by the Oldenburg the next day .

What did you use for insulation? Beer fridge is a must have!

Just rolls of glasswool, wear long sleeves and a mask

Just rolls of glasswool, wear long sleeves and a mask

Sweet, how is it for staying coolish in the summer?

Cleared out the shed today! alot of work but it's done now B)

Even gave it a coat of paint when i was done, might do another layer soon-ish ...if i can be bothered

At the back of the garage i found something AMAZING! and it explains my deep-rooted love for bikes!

My nain (nan to you non welshys) bought me this when i was about 2 or 3, no longer with us god bless her .Loved that woman to bits! :)....not just for the bike hahaha

kx250.jpg

Gonna try and find a charger too see if it still works - and no i wont be blasting about on it.........i'm not insured! ;) hahahaha

Needs a quick clean too.

A Kawasaki BUT awesome none the less

I just bought a 18' x 9' steel shed. I put down the concrete base last weekend.

I will try and erect the shed in the next week.

I cant wait to finally have a home for my bike/s.

I will have to insulate it, put up shleves, build a work bench.

I'm snookered with putting power in though. My fuse board is by my front door and the shed is out the back, it would be a mammoth job to pull a cable from there.

Anyway, pics will follow.

I just bought a 18' x 9' steel shed. I put down the concrete base last weekend.

I will try and erect the shed in the next week.

I cant wait to finally have a home for my bike/s.

I will have to insulate it, put up shleves, build a work bench.

I'm snookered with putting power in though. My fuse board is by my front door and the shed is out the back, it would be a mammoth job to pull a cable from there.

Anyway, pics will follow.

good luck with assembly - i've not got power either

Thanks Ian,

I'm like a kid christmas morning. just can't wait to get it up. (the shed,,,,, that is)

You need some WiFi too remember, so you can keep up with everything on here!

at the beginning of this thread is a picture of my sheds,

due to the quirky layout of our housing estate our rear garden extends back further than either of the flanking houses so they are in a kind of no mans land with other gardens to the rear butting on,

it's actually pretty peaceful during the week especially,

however...while trying to get a push bike sorted this week

been listening to this woman getting more and more exasperated with her, apparently, very naughty grandchildren, it's both slightly irritating and funny

I just happen to know she is a teacher or ex-teacher because I had to go round when we were hanving a fence put up to get her agreement etc....

just reminds me of a certain irrasible teacher I had at primary school all those years ago, somebody with no tolerance totally unsuited to teaching :spin2:

Ive just leveled out the ground for my man cave today and ive got all the wood and that being delivered next Saturday.

Will post up some pics as is progresses. Should have enough space for the bike a desk whisky shelve and a chair o and all my tools :-D

thinking about getting a quote for a power supply to the shed, would involve external socket to the house which would be good for the lawn mover plus a cable to the shed, distance of about 20m given the route it would have to take underground - power to the shed must be useful for light, radio and tools.

I needed 30m of armoured cable, an rcd consumer unit and a spare space in the main fuse box in the house. The cable came in at £1.80p/m and the rcd was about £30. My mate was a spark so did the job for a beer and cost price for the stuff. I already had 4 double sockets and boxes as well as 3 core cable from a previous job. I wired up all the sockets and the 2 flourescent lights and my pal wired it to the rcd then into the house mains

I needed 30m of armoured cable, an rcd consumer unit and a spare space in the main fuse box in the house. The cable came in at £1.80p/m and the rcd was about £30. My mate was a spark so did the job for a beer and cost price for the stuff. I already had 4 double sockets and boxes as well as 3 core cable from a previous job. I wired up all the sockets and the 2 flourescent lights and my pal wired it to the rcd then into the house mains

that's helpful, hmm going to be quite expensive then....and I'll have to underground the cable myself across a patio. A generator just isn't a practical proposition though.