S H E D S

iandouglas
This post is 3311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Whatever Ian, That's a real talent should you be on here with the rest of us ejits? :crazy:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Whatever Ian, That's a real talent should you be on here with the rest of us ejits? :crazy:

ta - actually i'm not that good mechanically, fortunately have a friend who has his own bike business who is brilliant

like the xj750 - seen this? I expect so http://www.realclassic.co.uk/seca06030100.html

one more shed picture that went with a short story, now lost...

2ykl0s7.jpg

ah sheds, just four thin walls but secluded magical places..

see Kirstie wrote a book in hers?

http://www.shedblog.co.uk/2009/02/24/kirstie-allsopp%E2%80%99s-shed/

course she's got a posh shed... :spin2:

Maybe a weekly cartoon?

good idea Cynic with the forum "characters"

foams having his way with an exhaust pipe smoking his E cigs, etc etc

you get me drift :D

My vote goes to GROUCH can you imagine the fun we could have with that!!!! my first thought would be just a head poking out of a pile of bit's with the caption "WTF happened I did all the bolts up!!) :shakeno:

Sorry Grouch. :bighug:

• Like 1

thanks guys - i'll think about it if that's ok?, i do have a few bike cartoons kicking around somewhere. As far as character stuff is concerned, that's more difficult, when i've been asked to do leaving cards at work the best ones have been people i know well, the others get a bit stiff, can't think of another word for it, 'cardboard cutout' maybe, if you know what i mean and don't work so well. it's the same with bikes so i'd end up drawing xjs every time but thank you though :spin2:

How about a yoc character. Like ogri and his dog.

Liking the sound of the forum cartoons idea, not sure about weekly as wouldnt want it to become a chore (no doubt those drawings take a while to make!), i doubt anyone would take great offence to it as most of us do a fairly good job of ruffling each others feathers without much more than a friendly "go f*ck yourself", and who cares, its a cartoon? :P

foams having his way with an exhaust pipe smoking his E cigs

That only happened ONCE when one of my workmates bought a Ford Probe... was quite funny at the time

That only happened ONCE when one of my workmates bought a Ford Probe... was quite funny at the time

Ahem, 'nuff said :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

This thread got me thinking about my garage.....not quite a shed i know! Our shed is far too small to move around a bike even if we did manage to squeeze it into the shed.

So yesterday i went to have a look at how much stuff i would have to sort out to fit the bike.......i looked pretty much like this

GarageMess_170_128.jpg

OKAY maybe a slight exaggeration....but you get the idea :P

So yesterday i spent about 4 hours clearing it out and getting rid of what i could, and about 6 hours today! no exaggeration!

It was absolutely packed the the rafters with crap!

Two evenings at it and my beloved XT125 is now in there! still not tons of room but at least it's out of sight should some thieving little pricks happen to pass. Even though this is a nice and quite area i still used to find my self having a quick check out of the window every now and again just to make sure it was still there!

Next day off i will hopefully be clearing out the small shed so i can move some of the stuff that is in my way from the garage lol :crazy:

Well here's a quick pic of my bike in it's new home, i really wouldn't have bothered but with all this talk of sheds i thought it's about time i got my act together an got it stored in a better place then the middle of the back garden! (if you have no choice then you do what you can, but my lack of garage space was just down to laziness!

garageq.jpg

This thread got me thinking about my garage.....not quite a shed i know! Our shed is far too small to move around a bike even if we did manage to squeeze it into the shed.

So yesterday i went to have a look at how much stuff i would have to sort out to fit the bike.......i looked pretty much like this

GarageMess_170_128.jpg

So yesterday i spent about 4 hours clearing it out and getting rid of what i could, and about 6 hours today! no exaggeration!

Two evenings at it and my beloved XT125 is now in there! still not tons of room but at least it's out of sight should some thieving little pricks happen to pass. Even though this is a nice and quite area i still used to find my self having a quick check out of the window every now and again just to make sure it was still there!

Next day off i will hopefully be clearing out the small shed so i can move some of the stuff that is in my way from the garage lol :crazy:

Well here's a quick pic of my bike in it's new home, i really wouldn't have bothered but with all this talk of sheds i thought it's about time i got my act together an got it stored in a better place then the middle of the back garden! (if you have no choice then you do what you can, but my lack of garage space was just down to laziness!

garageq.jpg

Welshy is there something your not telling us ?

Hint!!!!!!!!!!! L PLATES

Yeah i passed my bike test about a month ago!

I did start a thread about it, u might have missed it but i'm sure i got a reply from you, maybe you just plain forgot lol :eusa_whistle:

Haven't been up to all that much on the bike as of late so not really mentioned it after.

But now i have some room to work on it i will be striping parts and tarting her up a bit ready to try and sell for money towards an upgrade :jossun:

glad the thread helped with the tidy up :spin2: - i started putting my old car (well, its a small people carrier) out on the drive so i could put the two bikes in the garage but the driveway width isn't sufficiently wide really so went back to bikes outside.

and my sheds aren't big enough to get a bike in comfortably although i did once manage it with a bike that was off the road (this relates to the last cartoon) also it's difficult getting them round the side of the house, knock the mirrors about etc.

tidy is my motto, if you want a shed to store your ride keep it tidy.

DSCF1476-1.jpg

Must not say it..its too obvious a gag... must not ........r-e-s-i-s-t.......

GarageMess_170_128.jpg

garageq.jpg

tell your insurance, you may get a cheaper quote next time ?)

Yeah i passed my bike test about a month ago!

I did start a thread about it, u might have missed it but i'm sure i got a reply from you, maybe you just plain forgot lol :eusa_whistle:

Haven't been up to all that much on the bike as of late so not really mentioned it after.

But now i have some room to work on it i will be striping parts and tarting her up a bit ready to try and sell for money towards an upgrade :jossun:

Ha ha so many members passing! Sorry mate I forgot :crazy: congrats again I am getting forgetful in my old age :eusa_doh: you need to update your avatar LoL

This be my shed: (panoramic photo)

PANO_20130511_193237_zps184806b7.jpg

Planning on insulating the roof and walls soon. Need to make a ramp into it so I can ride the bike in a bit easier.

Got a vinyl player and speakers hooked up earlier!