carole nash

iandouglas
This post is 3483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

via a mcn email i got a code to get a quote from the above firm, it wasn't a bad quote either considering

the reason i phoned was to take advantage of their free toolkit worth £15 or so just for getting a quote

but boy do they make you work for it,

i was on the blower for ages and then they put pressure on to sign up there and then even though its not actually due just yet.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

ebike, very low prices, they don`t care about anual mileage and some other things, UK recovery included, eu free recovery after 5 years with they. http://quote.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/campaigns/bikeinsurance.html?source=6&gclid=CKqwn_-93bcCFfMQtAodkQgAHg&mpch=sem

last time when I get a quota for my bike, 520 pounds, next low price was some like 850... carole nash was some like 1000 pounds.

CN has always been the lowest for me. I'm down to about £120 now.

• 2 weeks later...

Bennetts have always been the most expensive. They claimed they were saving me £100 by increasing my renewal fee by £380!!!

Fuck that!!

CN *were* OK... but after the rigmarole yesterday, I've gotten the new bike under Churchill, of all places!

re:

Bennetts have always been the most expensive. They claimed they were saving me £100 by increasing my renewal fee by £380!!!

i got some kind of introductory discount with bennetts to start off with, can't recall whether it was through a bike club or magazine, and i'm caught with them another year, don't ask, complications with my policy and ease with which to reclaim my no-claims they deferred, too complicated to explain even if i could remember all the detail of various switches but thereafer i'll move on and try lee (bikesure) for a guote as suggested above.

• 2 weeks later...

took out my first bike policy with CN, it was £310 3rd party, fire , theft. dont think its that bad but was expecting it to be alot cheaper as im 33 and have 10 years no claims on my car policy, but apparently that doesnt matter. one thing i will say is CN included AA cover which has been a godsend !! took the policy out 3 days ago, ive called the AA out 3 times since i joined, askied if there was a limit, she said she didnt know, so im assuming they dont care that much how many times you call them, which is a good thing lol just pleased they honored the AA recovery service on such a short on policy period, pretty pleased!

£310 3rd party, fire , theft. dont think its that bad but was expecting it to be alot cheaper as im 33

But you're on a 125. Those and Sports bikes are most likely to need parts, so are the highest targets for thieves who steal to break. Also 125s are easily ridden by joyriding scrotes and less likely to have lots of security on them. High risk bike = high premium.

CN use Green Flag now I thought, or some other random company? Certainly did last year, so we got a comprehensive AA policy that covers all of our vehicles. Saves on the insurance renewals, too.

• 4 weeks later...

My renewal for the Bonnie came in from Bennetts: - £126 + £20 management fee + £25 legal

A few quotes online and CN came up with £161.80 including free breakdown (inc home) and free legal, and that is for my Bonnie AND the Speedtwin combined.

Carole Nash for me this year (kicks in on 01/08)

Well, done my CN stuff. They've made a fortune out of me and their bullshit even extended to trying to mitigate my policy cancellation refund by applying as many admin charges as they could think of.

My first insurance was with eBike. They messed me about so much after some a-hole ran me off the road and didn't stop (basically said that as the car didn't acually hit me just ran me off the road, that I'd caused the damage myself by leaving the road voluntarily) that I went with Carole Nash. Been with them ever since and don't see any reason to change.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am new to this forum and I would like to show my experience with CN. I have had bikes all my life but recently I tend to own them for summer rather for a full 12 months so it is not possible to get NCD record. Last bike I insured was a Ducati 1000ss and I had to go for TP only. The cheapest I could get was with CN at £480 without commuting (I live in London and this seems to make premium higher despite my age).

Leaving on the side if £480 is too high, it was the lowest I could get. Now the surprise came recently when I sold the 1000ss and I was thinking to either get a M796 or an R6. I was tempted about the latter but scared to think about the premium. I check on comparison websites and I was getting around £400 for M796 and £1000 for the R6.

I found used M796 and R6 that I could purchase within my budget and with registration number in hand, I decided to give CN a call to see how deep the pain would be. The M796 came to £460 TP (lower than the 1000ss although the M796 is more powerful and lighter) and the R6 came at £420. I was ecstatic to hear about the R6 quote and that made me decide to go for that bike as I always wanted to have that bike.

Just my 2p on this

Yeah, but what's your renewal going to be?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online