xvs 650 or xv535

gizmo666
This post is 3928 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've seen tassles on a viggie - not a pretty sight!

Next up on the list of Cruiser Bike Faux-Pas: laced leather chaps! Arrrgh! Like Brokeback mountain mixed with the campness of Moulin Rouge!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tassels and studs only suit big gay bear Harley look-a-likes like the Dragstar

You're very right. They look SOOO Last Season on little twink gay bikes like Sports models!! :D

Nowt wrong with the Viggie... even the 535s!

If you think the Viggie is ugly, you simply ain't put the right mods on ;)

and what other mods could i have done lol

except maybe burn it and claim the insurance haha

and what other mods could i have done lol

except maybe burn it and claim the insurance haha

THAT is a dangerous thing to say on a forum like this, my man... The next step would be for all the modders volunteering to show you EXACTLY what could be done to that pretty little bike of yours... Admitedly, some of it would be rather cool. I'm a fan of Rat and Survival bikes myself. There's also the Cafe Racer ones, the massive Choppers (kinda camp, though) and even teh Steampunk styles!

http://www.ratbike.org/pages/846virago.htm

I have seen a couple of 535s modded in such a way that they look more like very exotic and deadly weapons than motorcycles!!

Depends how much ya wanna spend and how skilled you/your mechanic happen to be... :)

THAT is a dangerous thing to say on a forum like this, my man... The next step would be for all the modders volunteering to show you EXACTLY what could be done to that pretty little bike of yours... Admitedly, some of it would be rather cool. I'm a fan of Rat and Survival bikes myself. There's also the Cafe Racer ones, the massive Choppers (kinda camp, though) and even teh Steampunk styles!

http://www.ratbike.org/pages/846virago.htm

I have seen a couple of 535s modded in such a way that they look more like very exotic and deadly weapons than motorcycles!!

Depends how much ya wanna spend and how skilled you/your mechanic happen to be... :)

as it should be known not all that is said in a forum is meant to the literal sense

and if anyone wants to buy my bike and overmod it to the point where the value falls

hell their more than welcome its up for sale

me i just dont see the point in overmodding a bike i dont like

I would much rather have a dragstar than a virago but I chose the virago for 2 reasons 1) it was cheaper and 2) I'm a small female and the dragstar seemed just to heavy to handle. Still love my virago though...

• 3 weeks later...

Can have mine!, nice and quiet, dose 100,000miles to the gallon.

O wait, you did say you wanted one with a shagged motor right?

now anyone got a draggie they dont want..................................................

There's one going here in Reading. Bit of a high mileage one, though. Almost hit 40,000 and bloody looks like it!

I would much rather have a dragstar than a virago but I chose the virago for 2 reasons 1) it was cheaper and 2) I'm a small female and the dragstar seemed just to heavy to handle. Still love my virago though...

Ah, but YOU are the exact build of rider the Virago was initailly aimed at anyway, so it's perfect sense for you to get one. Heck, I was gonna get a Viggie, but I had the opposite problem.

How small are you, anyway? My wife is 5' 4" and so long as she has the bars lowered (takes 5 mins), she fits her Drag perfectly. The weight is something you get used to pretty quick, too.

IMO, both bikes are good for you.

ha i'm 5'3" and the draggie fits me perfectly

as task says you get used to the weight very easily

but without a doubt having had both recently the draggie is way better

it has a better size for two up riding, a lot more stability and easily way more torque

it might just be me but i found manouverablity better on the draggie too

this time tomorrow i might own another one.........................

Can have mine!, nice and quiet, dose 100,000miles to the gallon.

O wait, you did say you wanted one with a shagged motor right?

i would need a crowbar to prise you from yours haha

Um yer you would have if it was still up and running!

But if all is truly shagged with her then im going to break her and sell the parts, then go and get my self something else. not sure on what yet, may come across a unfinished mutant bobber project on flea bay of some thing???

Perhaps we should all pool our broken Drags, see if we can build a top-notch runner from the bits and then split the sale proceeds!!

If anyone here wanted it, they can buy out the others easy enough.

You could have sold yours to someone with a HGV licence Gizzy

Its was only a suggestion.

Here i have even written you the advert to help sell it

FORSALE

XVS650A

Many Custom parts but the most practical is the 54ton towing capability

Fully loaded Artic trailer comes with the bike,

No need to hitch up in the morning as this is a perminant fixture and thus no side stand needed.

Few battle scares but nothing a bit of WD40 and hammer wont punch out,

never been stolen, possibly been hit by another vehicle at some point (may have been a lorry) but cant remember

Test rides welcome bt only if you leave your wife and a wad of cash, o and if you can start it too its got a slight problem with something on the front end from when in was hit.

£456,000 OVNO

Its was only a suggestion.

Here i have even written you the advert to help sell it

FORSALE

XVS650A

Many Custom parts but the most practical is the 54ton towing capability

Fully loaded Artic trailer comes with the bike,

No need to hitch up in the morning as this is a perminant fixture and thus no side stand needed.

Few battle scares but nothing a bit of WD40 and hammer wont punch out,

never been stolen, possibly been hit by another vehicle at some point (may have been a lorry) but cant remember

Test rides welcome bt only if you leave your wife and a wad of cash, o and if you can start it too its got a slight problem with something on the front end from when in was hit.

£456,000 OVNO

brilliant

lmfao

The 535 has a faster acceleration and top speed yet you think the XVS has more grunt? Just a lower revving motor

i just had a great weekend with ma new bike

and was reading this and came to 1 conclusion

eazyduz you've never rode an xvs 650 have you??

trust me the draggie accelerates a whole lot faster

and can cruise quicker than the top speed of a xv535

and when cruising at speed you dont hear the engine whining as its going flat out

seriously easyduz take an xvs for a spin and change your feelings for the 535

Appreciate its all in the eye of the beholder, to me the 535 is a really ugly bike and has all the styling cues that I dislike. Just makes me think "old man styling". The xvs custom is a lovely long/low/mean looking bike that looks more outlaw than oldman. Between the two the dragstar is far better. I have to say though, I have a honda 750 black widow and it knocks the socks off the dragstar in every single department.