BSA WingedWheel Autocycle - do i need insurance to cycle?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 3979 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So the local Rotory Club Marafun is this weekend coming, and there as usual will be a car and motorcycle rally.

never had time to get any of our old bikes on the road this year - :'( however my old man got his BSA Winged Wheel Back from Grampian Transport Museam.

My question is, when opering it as a push bike, am i still required to insure it?

Thanks!

and i was planning taking the SV but apparently it only likes the one cyclinder. again.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't know for sure about this BUT some mopeds have pedals and they need to be taxed tested and insured so if in doubt DON'T or your friendly local officer will be having words. Just looked it up and the engine is built in to the rear wheel so it must be classed as a motor vehicle rather than a bike with an external motor. My best guess some might disagree! :jossun:

I met a guy on a motorised cycle he built himself. yes he had to have an MOT and be taxed and insured.

So the local Rotory Club Marafun is this weekend coming, and there as usual will be a car and motorcycle rally.

never had time to get any of our old bikes on the road this year - :'( however my old man got his BSA Winged Wheel Back from Grampian Transport Museam.

My question is, when opering it as a push bike, am i still required to insure it?

Thanks!

and i was planning taking the SV but apparently it only likes the one cyclinder. again.

Morning,

Does it have a reg plate? If yes, it will need to be insured.

yeah it has a reg plate . . looks like i'll be taking it down in the trailer then! haha

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online