Worth the pain?

Noise
This post is 3972 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well a little non motorbike related topic (but i did use the bike to get to the location)

Last Sunday i traveled down to Taunton in Somerset to Grade for my next belt in Karate which now makes me a 4 kyu purple belt in godu / shotocan Karate. My next belts will be Brown, then next will be black where i will start learning all over again.

Bit of a painful one this time as on the ride down i managed to burn a hole in my combat trousers and grow a blister on the back of me Knee which soon popped when i was kicked in the back of the leg.

Still was a cracking day out and managed to shave a few more mm off the bottom of my foot pegs which was both fun and shit scary at the same time. Was also told off by another biker when i stopped at the shop for a drink who's words of advise was "you ride a cruiser not a sports bike, so start riding it like one"

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done on the Grading. I'm 1st Dan in Wado Ryu Karate. The blister sounds painful but my Sensei always tells me it only hurts if you let it (he lies like a cheap Russian watch :) )

How long you been doing that for? where about's in Hampshire are you? not pompy are you! :biglaugha::eusa_whistle:

Yer it wasn't too painful just started to sting a fair bit when it popped. Still i have achieved what i set out to do and that was to get Purple, granted getting a black belt would be good but i wanted to set my goals lower so anything higher would be a bonus.

I'm in Basiningstoke. I've been training since 1989 (Yes, I'm old)

Don't stop at Purple, getting my 1st Dan was a big highlight for me.

i have many belts, not so much for holding my jeans up, they are good in the bedroom too... no other feeling like it... hell of a sensation but dont leave a bruise.

although make sure you remember to undo them all, the ex missus foamy went to get up one night not realising her wrist was still tied to the headboard, fell over and hit her head on the bedside cabinet... had to explain to her parents the next morning why she had a black eye... they never forgave me :eusa_doh:

Foamy, you're not well :shakeno:

these are modern times we live in, pleasure only goes so far then you use the pain to take it to the next level

kind of like working out at the gym, but through your penis

probably a regret of mine that I haven't done any martial arts, but my boy started Tae kwon do last year, and went for his green/blue tags grading yesterday, so fingers crossed he'll get his new belt on Monday

Well done him! i was never really into martial arts but when my mate Dave (everyone has a mate called Dave) dragged me along to a lesson i was hooked.

Why not get your boy to show you some moves or see about joining up with him n have one of them father son time thingys

Ha, he did ask me to come along, but he had told me earlier that there are a couple of auld guys in the club and the instructor rips the piss out them relentlessly, I dont think I want my son seeing his dad shamed in public :eusa_shifty::eusa_shifty:

Why not, he can see you get shamed then you can get revenge by embarrassing him in the middle of town

Congrats on the grading Noise. No easy feat. Part of my 'bucket lst' a few years ago was ... Start a martial art. Did the full marathon thing. Parachute jumpy thing. So, joined a fairly full on ju jitsu club ... 1st grading in Sept. don't think people realise that at 39 ur just not used to having ur legs fly above ur head in the air (unless ur wild foamy ???) Eldest son going for his junior black in ju jitsu this sat .... Hence me learning some self defence!

So ... Any unresolved bucket list goals out there?? (Aka mid life crisis) .......

So ... Any unresolved bucket list goals out there?? (Aka mid life crisis) .......

Ride the Isle of man TT circuit naked on a mini moto

Ride the Isle of man TT circuit naked on a mini moto

Did it .... Just be sure to lube up the nipples.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online