Engine is heating up.

emilz23
This post is 3955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, so today i scruved all bolts in and closed all cases, puted in kick start mehansim and waitting for kick leaver. So i pluged all hoses in and filled in oil in clutch case and cooling liquid, "Tosol" in cooling tank.

And I pushed my bike manually up, it started. So i reguled carb and all things that seemed not finished, and after a minute i noticed, than "red indicator" on speedo is shining, "water temp. symbol" or something like that (pic - http://static4.depositphotos.com/1030387/400/v/950/depositphotos_4001512-Water-Temperature-Crystal-Icon.jpg ).

So i stopped engine, and tested with my hand - all engine was heated up - cilinder, clutch case, flywheel case - all ...

P.s. after first i noticed that on speedo, i chechked cooling tank, and it was emty so i fill another dose of liquid - but it still is heating up.

What i have done wrong? Or thats normal after i spill all oil and cooling liquid out from engine? How to make it go normally?

HELP! Dont want to heat it up till it break, and summer is comming, I want to ride!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, so today i scruved all bolts in and closed all cases, puted in kick start mehansim and waitting for kick leaver. So i pluged all hoses in and filled in oil in clutch case and cooling liquid, "Tosol" in cooling tank.

And I pushed my bike manually up, it started. So i reguled carb and all things that seemed not finished, and after a minute i noticed, than "red indicator" on speedo is shining, "water temp. symbol" or something like that (pic - http://static4.depositphotos.com/1030387/400/v/950/depositphotos_4001512-Water-Temperature-Crystal-Icon.jpg ).

So i stopped engine, and tested with my hand - all engine was heated up - cilinder, clutch case, flywheel case - all ...

P.s. after first i noticed that on speedo, i chechked cooling tank, and it was emty so i fill another dose of liquid - but it still is heating up.

What i have done wrong? Or thats normal after i spill all oil and cooling liquid out from engine? How to make it go normally?

HELP! Dont want to heat it up till it break, and summer is comming, I want to ride!!!!

airlock maybe? What I do and everyone is different, I run the engine whilst filling up with coolant, that way the pump pushes the coolant round, fill up when the engine is off and the pump doesn't move, but thats just me. All ways done it, never had any water issues, this includes cars and vans.

Okey, now i filled cooling water in radiator it self (left side of fuel tank), and seems it helped, indicator is not warning me, but ... Flywheel side is heating up to ~80 degrees of C, and clutch side ~40 degrees. Is that normal for flywheel or i have inserted it wrong so it is heating up so fast?

Tomorow, after it will be cold, I check if it needs more liquid.

Any ideas or it is normal?

Hello, so i put all in and get a ride, what i noticed than from flywheel case is coming strage noises. So i thing it is heatting up because that big gear (for Electronic start) behind flywheel is spinning for no reason, and as we all know metal aginst metal is rising heat.

So how i can make it stop spinning? Or should i take it out of there, since my Electronic starter is not in use (because of breakdown) and i will now in these days get kick leaver and use kick start...

So, i took out all with is pulled with electro starter, that is both gears from behind of flywheel, BUT.

The Flywheel case is still heating up. That was not the problem. Is it normal that it heats up (i dont remember)? Please answer, Im afraid of spending money on it again.

P.s. The flywheel (that thin magnetic metal inside of flywheel) in one place is like out of its place, gibbous out (pulled out of its place) like deformed and in other place is little dimple in that thin metal... Is thats a problem, and it is heating up because these defects????

P.s.s. Why noone is answering to my questions after my topic about kickstarter or starter ???

So, i took out all with is pulled with electro starter, that is both gears from behind of flywheel, BUT.

The Flywheel case is still heating up. That was not the problem. Is it normal that it heats up (i dont remember)? Please answer, Im afraid of spending money on it again.

P.s. The flywheel (that thin magnetic metal inside of flywheel) in one place is like out of its place, gibbous out (pulled out of its place) like deformed and in other place is little dimple in that thin metal... Is thats a problem, and it is heating up because these defects????

P.s.s. Why noone is answering to my questions after my topic about kickstarter or starter ???

post pictures emil, it is hard to make any judgement without seeing what you see yourself

okey ... so in pics you will se that there are "in one place is like out of its place, gibbous out (pulled out of its place) like deformed and in other place" and in other flywheel (inside) are full of cavities and protrusions, and i think thats not normal, it should be straight ... but thats only my gues ...

P.s. Thats normal that it is heating up?

Pics -

img20130530154832.jpg
img20130530154851.jpg
img20130530154856.jpg
img20130530154940.jpg
img20130530154955.jpg
img20130530155005.jpg
img20130530155036.jpg

Yeh " there is metal file-ings on scew hole too , somthing is in wrong, and rubbing,[ polished mark on rotor]

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online