Two or more bikes?

iandouglas
This post is 3972 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got two bikes and now a third is greeping into my greedy vision, another old dog needing a home.

but, tbh I don't need it and I can't really afford the running costs..it's that acquisitive must have thing like in the TV programme Porridge where Fulton Mackay

says that the prisoners steal things and then think whether they need it afterwards

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the trick id to get the same colour.

Then the missus only sees a "red bike" :eusa_whistle:

• Like 5

haha reminds me of a bloke I met in a bike club who said, 'oh that, i've had it for ages' when his partner noticed a second motorbike in his garage

when I raised an eyebrow as it were he said, well that's what she says to me when i notice new dresses or shoes - guess his partner took the hint :spin2:

ive got 4 DT50s, a fireblade, an XJ turbo, an XZ550 and an SR125 (being sold next week hopefully) :) out of those 7 only 2 are roadworthy right now...

when i used to fly model aeroplanes one of the guys at our club only ever had one red aeroplane, his wife thought he had been flying it for the past 20 years but in reality he was changing his planes every 6 months or so to a different red one :)

I have an 82 z550 and a non running xj600 at the mo, well it runs for 5 mins.... Anyhow, I'd get a third if I had the cash, best time to buy is between November and February, get to march and the bikes almost double in price.

I've got a Triumph Bonneville, a Triumph Speedtwin and a CanAm Bombardier.

The Bonnie is Taxed and Insured

The Speedtwin is insured but not on the road, and

The Bombardier is in a pile of big bits.

The plan with the Bombardier is to get it running so my boy can use it next winter to keep his Virago (my tenuous link to the YOC since I sold my xjr) in good nick

I would love some tips on how to talk the wife into letting me having more than one bike as I have said in passing that I would love here to do here cbt so she can see why I'm gagging at the bit to do my full bike test

Thought I'd sneaked a XT600 in the other week, but she can sniff out bikes like a spaniel sniffs out drugs, cost me a new dinning room suit to keep the peace.

its when 'er indoors starts wanting to go shopping or out to dinner when i want to work on the bikes... after a while you get the talking clock effect. "Oh you're not going out to the shed are you?, its 8pm!", then you know its time to decide between the two... hence why i now have 7 bikes and spend my nights alone (wrong choice maybe? im not too sure)

don't have any problem with the mrs minding really, she has the dog as her expensive hobby - much as i love the dog too, it's hers and the girls who hake a great deal of fuss of the animal although late night walks are down to me.

anyway, lets see - all the bikes go on one insurace policy so no real expense there for a third bike, another lot of tax and mot - say £50 per year more then but the maintenance, that can be expensive, a new exhaust system for example

and so it goes on round and round, got to make my mind up by september as that's when it will be available.

v63m81.jpg

current bikes

ac50r6.jpg

my mechanic friends bike that he is selling in september - 55k miles but looked after, doesn't use any oil.

I have a T shirt that says ,

You can never have too many motorbikes.

I would also agree there as well.

TTB

do you have a farm by any chance :spin2: where do you keep all those bikes tommy and how many are road legal at present please?

the only way i can think to justify a third is on the grounds that i am more likely to have a working bike at any one time, at the moment one seemingly is always being repaired, waiting for a part or for some reason not in a good state to use.

do you have a farm by any chance :spin2: where do you keep all those bikes tommy and how many are road legal at present please?

the only way i can think to justify a third is on the grounds that i am more likely to have a working bike at any one time, at the moment one seemingly is always being repaired, waiting for a part or for some reason not in a good state to use.

No farm just a double garage and some at work, i have 4 legal at the moment but truth be told i have only used my TT500 and my XT500C,

the TTR600 sits there waiting as does the xt660R due to them not having that old something feeling, dont ask me what that something feeling is,

but the TT is a hoot on the county lanes. Its happy plodding on in top or just as happy pulling wheelies in 2nd and one of the best bikes i have had.

pass006_zps0f7048ac.jpg,

pass009_zps2b9ddd36.jpg

DSCF8638-1.jpg

Heres the 3 i wont live without as well as my TY50P

DSC_1458.jpg

In fact its sooooo good i am just building a 78 yellow model once my Honda TL125 is done.

TTB

love those bikes - my back wouldn't be up to it but they sound great too don't they, look the business and in lovely condition, must be worth a bit and collectable I imagine, thanks for posting the pictures, vey nice, lucky man. :spin2:

Yip

Totally agree with Ian.

I would love an XT

after a lot of thought i think that i'll stick to two bikes, that's enough really especially as they have to go outside in front of the house

there's always that period of getting any fresh bike how you want it, and in my case it always seems to involve having the suspension and brakes rebuilt

possibly the money would be better spent on a better helmet and other related items like couple of decent bike covers, some luggage and a seat refurbishment on one of the existing machines.

after a lot of thought i think that i'll stick to two bikes, that's enough really especially as they have to go outside in front of the house

there's always that period of getting any fresh bike how you want it, and in my case it always seems to involve having the suspension and brakes rebuilt

possibly the money would be better spent on a better helmet and other related items like couple of decent bike covers, some luggage and a seat refurbishment on one of the existing machines.

Well i cant agree more if the bikes are outside, weather knocks the crap out of them even in a garage.

Run em , use them and replace them when there completely caput.

TTB

Or smuggle next bike in, take it to bit's, then when she get's on at you to tidy the garage, build it & tedarrrr!!! look what I made out of spare's are't I Clever ?

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online