Found my next bike :)

bippo
This post is 3935 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thanks Jimmy! I really love the look of the Scambler, they had a couple in the showroom while I was waiting. Could be tempted by that...!

The top box came free with it. I have to admit, I don't like the look of top boxes, but they are practical, in fact I've already used it as I popped to the shops yesterday while on my adventure!

But in answer to your question, no I'll only have it on the bike when I need it. You can remove it within a matter of seconds with the key.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice bike Bippo, happy trails, all topboxes are ugly just seems to be how it is, still as it's behind you who cares! :jossun:

Blimey, that's a tall bike!.

Reminds me of seeing someone getting on to a big beamer GS at Loomies cafe one day, he had to pull it over on the side stand, slide onto the seat from the side and then push the bike up off the stand, suspension travel was massive and he wasnt exactly a fat bloke either.

How tall are you btw? I would think that a bike like yours wouldnt be suitable for vertically challenged types (im only 5'6, or 5'7 in heels) which is the only thing thats putting me off getting a larger tourer type bike

Ok Foamy is there something you should be telling us "IN HEELS" is that in a dress as well? :grin:

We got delayed in cyprus on the way to afghan once, for 4 days all we had was the kit we were stood in and an overnight bag, so with nothing to wear out to the pub we decided to make our own fancy dress, the first night it was a toga party (bedsheets, flip flops and the military issue green belt), the next night was whatever we could beg/borrow/steal/make. I went as bo-peep, using an old tablecloth we "borrowed" from the cookhouse, a bathmat and a treebranch i found. a few of the other lads from my unit went as my sheep, its amazing what you can do with cotton wool and some facepaint

• Like 1

Blimey, that's a tall bike!.

Reminds me of seeing someone getting on to a big beamer GS at Loomies cafe one day, he had to pull it over on the side stand, slide onto the seat from the side and then push the bike up off the stand, suspension travel was massive and he wasnt exactly a fat bloke either.

How tall are you btw? I would think that a bike like yours wouldnt be suitable for vertically challenged types (im only 5'6, or 5'7 in heels) which is the only thing thats putting me off getting a larger tourer type bike

It sure is a tall bike. I'm 5'8", so add a little bit to that with bike boots on. On level ground I can nearly flat foot.

The bike has an adjustable seat, 810mm or 830mm. Naturally I'm on the lowest setting, but apart from that I've left the bike standard. They have the option of a lower seat (£££) and obviously people have lowered the suspension etc so I have scope should I not adjust.

I know they are completely different bikes but it's interesting, but on paper this bike has the same wet weight (210kg) and seat height (810mm) as the Kawasaki ER-6f I was originally looking at getting. However because the weight was so low down it was a doddle to push about. When on that bike the seat was so narrow I could flat foot with knees bent. Getting on it was easy too because the pillion seat is lower.

I even sat on a Versys 650 in the showroom and with a seat height of 845mm I was on tip toes, but it was manageable. I just find it amazing how different bikes can feel compared with how they are on paper.

Very nice bike, a tad jealous!

Thanks Ryan! I'm about to go down to my parents for a few days. Not taking the car (why would I?!) and I'm not touching a motorway. It's A roads for me all the way and I can't wait!

• Like 1

Thanks Paul. It is a big jump up from the YBR! But it's such an easy bike to ride, in many respects its easier to ride then the YBR (as silly as that may sound). I just did a 200 mile jaunt on A roads last night to get down to my parents, was absolute bliss!

Well done Bippo cracking looking bike! hope you have many good rides on it.

Shame you didn't take up my offer :( tossed to one side i feel :biglaugha:

Lets not rule it out Noise... ;-)

Well done Bippo cracking looking bike! hope you have many good rides on it.

Shame you didn't take up my offer :( tossed to one side i feel :biglaugha:

wasn't that foamy doing the tossing!! :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

There isnt much else for us lonely single people to do. -.-

Have you worn out the latest mrs Foamy already ?

Back to miss lefty hey foams?

Have you worn out the latest mrs Foamy already ?

She was a bit of a headcase tbh :/

Plus she always wanting me to take her out for dinner, to the cinema, shopping (yawn), go bowling, watch a DVD with some popcorn and the like, im an outgoing person at the worst of times but it was f*cking expensive, and she was unemployed so it was always muggins 'ere shelling out for it ... but as soon as i wanted to go and work on the bikes it was "Oh you never have time for me its always me putting in the effort blah blah blah blah".

so yeah, she had to go.

that doesn't make her a headcase foams she sound's normal to me, that just women for you!

what you need is a very special women, one who's into bike's and will mother you.

now bippo is a lovely girl but i'm afraid she out of your league. don't think she's the mothering type either tbo

Pfft, what i need is a woman who likes bikes and is just insane enough to put up with me without being a headcase. the last one was overly obsessive anyway, i am a peacock and you must let me fly.

• Like 2

Very nice bippo, cake good care of it,,,,, like i know you will

Mind them new tyres in the wet, they can be very slippy till they get worn-in

Best of luck with her.

ps. in all my years of biking i have never owned a bran new bike,,, but thats kinda by choice i suppose

Pat