The Cursed XT 125 X

Grouch
This post is 3776 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Go to collect my bike as it was supposedly ready. Get there and surprise fucking surprise theres a problem, the bike wont go down gears ffs. No w they have to open it up again.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dude that is pure wank! are you sure they are proper mechanics?

Yeah and the problem is they are best garage in my town.

I'd go to the next town over then mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Right I've got the XT back it only cost me £270 and I'm back to square one with it. I now have two options.

1) remove the engine and strip it all down until I get to the gearbox to determine the problem

2) buy another engine and put that in.

If I replace the engine won't it be a complete ball ache to inform dvla of different engine number etc, also will it decrease the value?

just inform them of engine change and new numbers, log book will be returned with new numbers and a engine change wont hurt the value if you change with same year and mileage or newer and less miles then you have piece of mind your not passing on a bike with 20k on the clock and 120k on the engine and say nowt. but if you do want to tell them, explain old engine had the fault and garage couldn't fix it so instead of throwing new money after old you forked out for another engine so problem would be fixed and no underlining problems would arrive, make sure you get an receipt stating year and mileage of engine if you replace and make a note of clock mileage when engine fitted so if you do want to tell them you have all the info they want. but engines are changed in cars and bikes all the time without people knowing.

if you want to go to option one, you need to give the bike to someone who knows what he is doing even if it means putting it in a van and travelling a bit distance, and only go to someone who comes highly recommended by word of mouth not just because its a garage that works on bikes.

Get rid grouch^ your throwing good money after bad,, :eusa_snooty: , the value after all the work and money . wont be worth it, whats tops for the bike of this year, then half it if non matching numbers,, plenty folk lookin for projects,,, may surprize u wot you get,,, :yeah:

Put it on eBay, buy Foamy a bottle of the good stuff, and watch the money flood in...

Plan, Batman.

• Like 3

Put it on eBay, buy Foamy a bottle of the good stuff, and watch the money flood in...

Plan, Batman.

:crylaugh: =,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :chair:

• 4 weeks later...