The Cursed XT 125 X

Grouch
This post is 3756 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:eusa_whistle: oh it all gone Quiet over there,oh it all gone Quiet over there, oh it all gone Quiet, its all gone Quiet its all gone Quiet over there :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

we're the f#%ken hell is Grouch, wee'rrree the f*U#%ken heLLLL iiissss GROUCH

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry guys................

My friend is going to help me but I need to get the bike to his. I don't want to do it in my garden because I live on a busy street and I don't want a gang of kids and neighbours coming over to annoy me while I work on it. Anyway was on my way to start working on it and the fucking gear lever fell off! Yes can you believe it! The bolt somehow come loose and fell out, a few weeks earlier the same thing happened to the kickstart. So I am just currently waiting for the new bolt to come as I had to order it.

I started her up yesterday as she's been stood for a while and there was too much oil in her, she was smoking bad so I had to drain some.

It says ion my Haynes that I have to take the starter motor off before I take the clutch cover off, also do I need to drain all the oil out?

grouch one of the first things suggested in fault finding to you was to check that bolt , are you sure that's not been the problem all along ?

No Tommy its not the bolt. The bolt just keeps the lever on the shaft. I can still change gear without the bolt but eventually the lever will fall off the shaft.

Grouch, you have to give us daily or weekly updates on the progress (or lack of it) on your money pit. You have half the forum waiting for what the next instalment is on your progress, we are all rooting for you and will help out if we can but the tension is starting to get to some of us,. Further to your question about draining the oil, if you lean the bike right over away from the clutch you might be able to work on the clutch without loosing to much oil but your best bet would to be drain oil out before you take the clutch cover off, you can save it if it's new oil by dropping it into a clean container and reusing it later but make sure you don't drop any crap in it from the bottom of the engine and filter it through a cloth when you put it back, a stocking or tights will work so yank them of your missus as you go out to work on the bike but be prepared for a slapping from her indoors if she thinks it's going elsewhere when you pull her kit off!!!! :biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha::spin2:

• Like 1

Just as I thought am unable to do fuck all! I drained the oil and took the clutch cover off and apart from getting oil all over my path, I have been unable to notice anything.

th_6a523d922f88e1e4c93c27b52bd15805_zps3

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af25/jordangrace_photos/?action=view&current=ee4846c78cf37e7e0f1729937e9ca2ea_zpsbd55aed7.jpg

6cadad2e9c673c8a0562699615d55258_zps561d

76f525bb1822aabd3848378bbc5cbe29_zpsf1aa

9cc7e0502d0f9d4c4bc862033ab23f42_zps859c

21048bea279f7f39d0c548bf7a4a6f53_zps684f

The reason you cant see anything is cos you

YOU TOOK OFF THE WRONG SIDE......

Doh....

nice pics though grouch put it back together with old gasket for now a take other side off don't let this

put you off, you just lean't somthing, don't give up

Quickly figured out what to do but of course the fucking inevitable happened. This just snapped off like fucking cheese.....

f7249c5d8fa3476028d9aeeb33ef8ff6_zpsa085

9534b8110594fff1cf2c251918095943_zps7a60

And then the all time favourite..... rounded, seized screw! As soon as I took the cap/cover off loads of shit just come out after dissentigrating like ash.

324846d155486f0dd0088b4b68c90e44_zpsfd83

So I cleaned what I could and blathered it in WD, fuck knows how it will come off without snapping. Anyway I'm leaving it to soak overnight.

He means the stator side has no oil in it grouch"o, getttin back to that gearlever not having a bolt in it, i mentioned that eary on in this, It needs to be tight, or will strip splines . leading to vague gearchanges,,, :eusa_think:

2nd & 3rd,, :eusa_think: Thats strange, have you checked the gear linkage for tightness & wear, . i had this problem on Sunday, after riding home from Blackpool. was hitting false neutrals, and had to double shift with foot to find gears, turns out the linkage was loose,, :eusa_eh:

Here "

Here "

I know what you mean but it happened well before the bolt come loose and fell off. My new one should be here by now so I will call into the shop in the morning, put it on and test it.

Hope to God your right.

Good on you for trying Grouch! i thought it was going to be buried at the back of the shed and forgotten about !

Nice one mate :)

Don't forget-if you are going to see if it will work with the new bolt i think you will need to refill the oil or the clutch wont work properly?